Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have seen people mentioning Additional F Maths. I did OCR maths in the past and only heard of F Maths. I'm assuming some exam boards offer an extra A level.

Which exam boards offer this?

And how do they compare to OCR Maths and F Maths? Is it the same content spread out over three A Levels or is there additional content?

ReputationRep:
    not sure about other exam boards but edexcel do it. The first a level is c1 c2 c3 c4 plus two other modules. Further maths a level requires fp1, fp2 and 4 other modules i believe. then for the further additional maths a level you take the 6 modules remaining. (There are 18 total modules)

ReputationRep:
    Last chance to do it is summer 2018 (with resits possible in 2019). For new linear specifications in England only Maths and Further Maths are available from AQA, Edexcel and OCR.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My understanding is that Add Fur Maths is simply an additional 6 units. In Edexcel I believe that would be all 18 units:

C1 C2 C3 C4
    FP1 FP2 FP3
    S1 S2 S3 S4
    M1 M2 M3 M4 M5
    D1 D2

There are rules on how these can be cashed in (for instance, C1-C4 must be in A-level Maths), but since you have to do all 18 to get the three A-levels you wouldn't get any choice about which to take!

I would be surprised if there were many schools that teach all three A-levels. It must be very difficult to fill a class for M5!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.