The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

has anyone been to a Bradford uni open day for OT.. If so what did you do
Hi, Does your access course contain level 2 maths? What’s your situation in maths? OT does not have that much maths I’ve heard.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello! I have my 1st and only interview for occupational therapy at UWE next week. I’m a tad late because I originally applied and got offered a place for social work!!
I’m really nervous about the interview and wondered if anyone has any tips or questions they were asked?

Thanks,
Harriet ☺️
Hi,can someone please get back to me about there interview at Bradford uni for occupational therapy
Original post by thomas6.
Hi,can someone please get back to me about there interview at Bradford uni for occupational therapy

Have you got an interview?
yes i have an interview for next week, what about you?
Hey,

I'm close to finishing my first year!

It can get a little tedious at times but I wouldn't say it's boring!
I used to be a career and this is way more fun, more intricate and rewarding IMO.

Hope that helps

Original post by germ18
Hello everyone,

Soo glad to have found this thread. I'm just going to give a little background about me, I have recently obtained my undergraduate degree ( Bsc Psychology). I'm currently working in a school as a Learning Support Assistant. I would like to seek a career as an OT the near future.

My questions to current students: What is the course like ?
Does it get boring at times ? ( I know its a strange question, but I have this fear that I will loose interest :/)
How is it different than being a Carer? ( This might again sound like a dumb question, but despite my extensive research I feel as though it is the same as being a Carer?).

Thanks in advance for answering my rather strange questions.

All the best for current students and for the ones who are applying for OT.

I'm looking forward to an answer :smile:
Hi guys, I got an offer from Plymouth for the MSc Occupational Therapy programme. Is anyone else going to do this programme as well? Would love to meet some friends :smile:
Hey everyone,I've recently been offered a place on the Bsc OT course at Huddersfield and at Liverpool. Not really sure which one to go for, does anyone else have the same dilemma? Or any current students at any of these Uni's can give me more info on how your finding the course?Would be much appreciated, as I have no idea which one would be more suitable for me.Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by paulajo12
When was your interview?? Congrats that’s amazing. I really want to go to Cardiff to but haven’t been offered an interview yet:frown: waiting game xx

Did you ever here back from Cardiff??x
Hey is anyone going to Cardiff to study OT in sept?x
Original post by Harriet2017
Hi! May I ask what you did in your gap year? Did you gain any experience relating to OT? I have an offer for social work at uwe but want to study occupational therapy instead so a gap year might be an option for me! I am 17 . Harriet x

Hey sorry I only just seen this! I just went travelling in my gap year to Canada where I was climbing the mountains and out in nature loads. Before I went I had a job as a support worker for people with autism and disabilities so that helped loads as OT’s used to come into my work loads! Do you know what uni you wanna apply to, to study OT? I’m going to Cardiff in September x
Reply 192
Original post by 04MR17
Hi there!:hi:

If you're interested in applying to do Occupational Therapy for 2018 entry then this is the place for you!:woo:
NOTE: Please use this thread for any kind of Occupational Therapy related course, there are some variants but it's nice to have you all together.:h:

You can use this place to chat about where you're applying, tips for interviews and that kind of thing while meeting fellow applicants

Why not start by introducing yourself? Use the frame below to tell us a bit about yourself, leave off any information you don't want to share.:h:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Thinking of/applying to

I'm starting occupational therapy this year and was hoping if you could give me an idea what the timetable would be like?
Original post by Anj***
I'm starting occupational therapy this year and was hoping if you could give me an idea what the timetable would be like?

Which uni are you studying at? They may be able to provide you with a timetable now.

Cheers,

Emma P
:elefant:
Reply 194
It's coventry and I've already asked they said I have to wait until Sept as that's the earliest.
I was hoping someone who had already studied occupational therapy at Coventry could give me an idea of what the timetable would be like.
Thanks anyway.
Original post by DD123xxx
Hey is anyone going to Cardiff to study OT in sept?x

Hey!

Im going to Cardiff too for OT, are you excited??
I am in the process of choosing A level subjects and would like to know if biology is required to eventually study OT?
Original post by Shameela2
I am in the process of choosing A level subjects and would like to know if biology is required to eventually study OT?

it is not essential, but it is desirable
Hi I am also wanting to do ot at Wrexham did you get a place? Again I am a health care assistant Ave personally had experience with OTs as my mum had stroke and was in touch with OTs am struggling to get a shadowing shift. What other things can I do to help. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending