The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JayneLG
Hey, I've got an interview at Derby.. Just wondering if you've heard anything? I'll be 27. :smile:

Just realised you are the same person I have already replied too on another comment!! 🙈😂
Hi, I'm 46 and applying to study OT. Fingers crossed for Worcester Uni as I cannot move away due to family commitments. Currently studying Access to HE/Health, part-time.
Reply 22
Ive got interviews at Bradford Huddersfield and Sheffield but ive had a conditional offer from salford!
Reply 23
Original post by Emma2811
Hi, My name is Emma. I've applied for Salford and Liverpool for OT, I'm currently doing an access course. I was wondering if anyone has had an interview yet or information about the interview which may be useful please? :colondollar: I have read that sharing info of actual interview is not aloud however if anyone knows what kind of things maybe useful id appreciate it,
tia

Hey ive recieved a conditional offer for OT for salford. Any news with your application?
Reply 24
Original post by JayneLG
Hey! I applied about a month ago now.. 1-2 weeks later I received an email saying they require a reference.. So I got that sorted within that week and then just over a week later I got an email inviting me to an interview on 14th Dec (got this yesterday!). I'm sooo excited!! :smile: Wishing you all the best with your application!

I received an email a few weeks back inviting me to an interview on the 14th December too! Excited and nervous, not sure what to expect :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by smith_h
I received an email a few weeks back inviting me to an interview on the 14th December too! Excited and nervous, not sure what to expect :smile:

Yaaay! That's awesome. 👍 Nice to have come across someone who'll be at the interview!! I'm feeling a little nervous but more excited than anything and it seemed like the staff I met on open-day are really easy-going and relaxed. They said that they don't want people feeling nervous if invited to an interview, they want them to enjoy it.. So I'm kinda going with that! 😁
Reply 26
I’ve just had my conditional offer for Salford yay!! Loved Salford at the open day, facilities for OT looked really good! Also applied to Liverpool & Glyndwr. Has anyone had their interview offer for Liverpool yet? Im 25 and currently doing an access course & loving it!
Hi, I have a selection day at Brunel on the 29th of Jan, and an interview at Coventry on the 17th of Jan, and an interview at Nothampton on the 16th of Jan. I have no idea what to expect just that there will be group tasks. Any tips?
Reply 28
Original post by abbi298
I’ve just had my conditional offer for Salford yay!! Loved Salford at the open day, facilities for OT looked really good! Also applied to Liverpool & Glyndwr. Has anyone had their interview offer for Liverpool yet? Im 25 and currently doing an access course & loving it!

Hi ive got a conditional offer for salford too. Ive heard back from Liverpool. Got an interview in jan x
Reply 29
Original post by Ak84
Hi ive got a conditional offer for salford too. Ive heard back from Liverpool. Got an interview in jan x

That’s brilliant, congratulations! Which are you hoping to go to or would you be happy with either? X
Reply 30
Original post by abbi298
That’s brilliant, congratulations! Which are you hoping to go to or would you be happy with either? X

Def want salford. I also have an interview for Huddersfield wed so will see how that goes
X
Reply 31
Original post by Ak84
Def want salford. I also have an interview for Huddersfield wed so will see how that goes
X

Having a conditional for Salford is great then if it’s your first choice! I loved Salford, the OT flat was great! It’s my first choice too so I’m relieved I have a conditional offer! Good luck with your other interviews x
Hi, I'm Kadie and I'm currently studying the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. I've applied for OT at 5 universities, I've had a conditional offer from Salford, 2 interviews to happen in the next month at Sheffield Hallam and Bradford. I've also applied for Huddersfield and Liverpool. Has anyone got any advice for interviews ?? I'm so nervous and really want to do well but I feel my nerves will make my personality lack... i can't believe how fast everything is happening, I only uploaded my UCAS on Monday 😭
Reply 33
Original post by kadieclaire
Hi, I'm Kadie and I'm currently studying the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. I've applied for OT at 5 universities, I've had a conditional offer from Salford, 2 interviews to happen in the next month at Sheffield Hallam and Bradford. I've also applied for Huddersfield and Liverpool. Has anyone got any advice for interviews ?? I'm so nervous and really want to do well but I feel my nerves will make my personality lack... i can't believe how fast everything is happening, I only uploaded my UCAS on Monday 😭

Hey Kadie!

First of all, well done with all the interviews and offer - great stuff! Just be yourself!! You're not going to know everything under the sun about OT, because you are not one (YET!!).. that's the whole reason you're applying to uni in the first place - to gain that knowledge! Just let your personality shine and the knowledge you've already learnt in your diploma. Speak about any relevant experience you've had in the field.. "occupational" covers A LOT. I've got my interview at Derby in a couple of weeks and i'm pretty chilled out about it because I know they just want to see you be yourself. At the open day at Derby the lecturer said that they don't want anybody to feel nervous about interviews because they want it to be a fun experience - so i'm sure the same applies to the other unis. Good luck - you'll smash it i'm sure! :biggrin:
Original post by JayneLG
Hey Kadie!

First of all, well done with all the interviews and offer - great stuff! Just be yourself!! You're not going to know everything under the sun about OT, because you are not one (YET!!).. that's the whole reason you're applying to uni in the first place - to gain that knowledge! Just let your personality shine and the knowledge you've already learnt in your diploma. Speak about any relevant experience you've had in the field.. "occupational" covers A LOT. I've got my interview at Derby in a couple of weeks and i'm pretty chilled out about it because I know they just want to see you be yourself. At the open day at Derby the lecturer said that they don't want anybody to feel nervous about interviews because they want it to be a fun experience - so i'm sure the same applies to the other unis. Good luck - you'll smash it i'm sure! :biggrin:

Thank you!! That's made me feel a lot better about the interviews , it's just so nerve-wracking , but I am so excited to start studying to become an OT 😁 best of luck to you at your interview !
I must say, I'm the OP for quite a few applicants threads, and this is one of my favourites to read.:h:
Reply 36
Original post by JayneLG
Hey Kadie!

Hi kadie you have applied to exactly same unis at me 😀 ive got a conditional offer for salford, got my Huddersfield interview 6th, Sheffield interview 8th, bradford interview 13th and liverpool isnt til end of january! Which uni do u want as your firm?
Reply 37
Original post by abbi298
Having a conditional for Salford is great then if it’s your first choice! I loved Salford, the OT flat was great! It’s my first choice too so I’m relieved I have a conditional offer! Good luck with your other interviews x

Thank you. Good luck to you. I just need to get the ucas points now from my access course! Cant see it being a problem tho. Fingers crossed! Did u have an interview? X
Reply 38
Original post by Ak84
Thank you. Good luck to you. I just need to get the ucas points now from my access course! Cant see it being a problem tho. Fingers crossed! Did u have an interview? X

I’m the same, just need to get the points from my Access course! No didn’t have an interview for Salford :smile: can’t believe how quickly time is going since starting my Access course, it’s scary! X
Reply 39
Original post by abbi298
I’m the same, just need to get the points from my Access course! No didn’t have an interview for Salford :smile: can’t believe how quickly time is going since starting my Access course, it’s scary! X

What access you doing? Im loving it, its so much better the second time round lol. I didnt get an interview either, which worries me. x

Latest

Trending

Trending