Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go, I don't have the grades, and I don't like the university. But my parents are so adamant on me going that they have literally written up a personal statement for me (which seriously needs editing because it is very vague). For some reason the school is actually backing them up on this, even though I know they are aware of how dumb it is. Oh, and the deadline is TOMORROW.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sunset891)
    I don't want to go, I don't have the grades, and I don't like the university. But my parents are so adamant on me going that they have literally written up a personal statement for me (which seriously needs editing because it is very vague). For some reason the school is actually backing them up on this, even though I know they are aware of how dumb it is. Oh, and the deadline is TOMORROW.
    If you don't have the grades then expect a rejection and a waste of a ucas choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    If you don't have the grades then expect a rejection and a waste of a ucas choice.
    I am aware of this, my parents just don't get it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I am aware of this, my parents just don't get it.
    It's you who decides where to apply, not them. Your life, your choices. Just apply to the unis you actually want to apply to in Ucas. No one can force you to do otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't listen to any of them, at the end of the day they are not the ones actually going to university YOU are... You need to go somewhere that is going to make you feel happy and comfortable. Have you been to look round Cambridge? If you haven't then I strongly recommend that you go to get a feel for the area and university (you may change your mind about it).

ReputationRep:
    It makes me so sad knowing there are parents that act like this. Please take the liberty to ignore them.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You can apply to Cambridge, then change your choices within 14 days.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...te-application

Also, you don't have to make all 5 choices when you apply initially. You can just apply to 1 (or 2 or whatever) and then add others later.

However, have you visited Cambridge? And in what sense don't you "have the grades"? What are "your grades"/predictions and for which course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.