Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    🔑.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Na So)
    The Protocols of the Elders of Zion should be read in all British schools and not Jewish propaganda like Anne Franks diary that was largely written by her father.
    You do realise that the Protocols was a fake that has long since been debunked?

Oh, of course you didn't.
    That would have involved doing some research beyond "Ha, the Jews did it! Just as I thought!"

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    What an appalling, evil and rancid cry and appeal for hatred.

(Original post by Na So)
    The Protocols of the Elders of Zion should be read in all British schools and not Jewish propaganda like Anne Franks diary that was largely written by her father.

(Original post by luq_ali)
      What an appalling, evil and rancid cry and appeal for hatred.
      Rick and Morty is appalling and that copypasta is rancid, but I wouldn't call it evil...

(Original post by Na So)
        Anne Franks diary that was largely written by her father.
        IIRC it was *edited* by her father. He removed bits where for example she had written about sexual things (which I guess is why it is safe for schools), but I doubt he rewrote the whole thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.