Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Converted to Islam before I was ready Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi/Salam

I converted to Islam over a year ago and because I'm a white British male, I'm finding it difficult to live a Muslim life what with all the terrorists running havoc. I can't pray. I can't eat halal food. And I can't stop drinking. If I convert to salafi from deobandi will my sins be cleared. I suffer from schizophrenia and drink to get rid of restlessness

ReputationRep:
    Are you a ginger gentleman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOHNCENAA)
    Are you a ginger gentleman?
    What do you mean? Im gentrified and ginger, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schizodoc)
    Hi/Salam

I converted to Islam over a year ago and because I'm a white British male, I'm finding it difficult to live a Muslim life what with all the terrorists running havoc. I can't pray. I can't eat halal food. And I can't stop drinking. If I convert to salafi from deobandi will my sins be cleared. I suffer from schizophrenia and drink to get rid of restlessness
    It is never an easy journey when you convert to another religion. However when you strive to be a better individual it will become easier.

In terms of your question, you don't have to convert for you're sins to be cleared. It's much simpler than that. All you do is ask forgiveness from Allah and that is that. However it should also be borne in mind that after seeking forgiveness one should not return to the sin.

All the best!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi/Salam

Salam khubid? I am muslim too yes it's very hard,you are right.
    In iran there are two kinds of people praying god in islam 1.fake muslims:the ones who eat only halal food pray god very hard go mosques on time and pretend they are muslim but they r not
    2.some people who are normal people and just believe in god they never do bad things like irritating poor people... but they may never go to a mosque or never pray god on time,and also some drinks too and eat foods if it's not halal too
    So i think if you decided to be a muslim just do the right things be honest and never irritate poor people all the rest things such as restrictions in drinking or eating will be useless and ridiculous when you become a honest true guy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi/Salam

Movafagh bashi

ReputationRep:
    You know religion is like a club l, just leave and only go back if/when you feel ready. No one should judge you for it and if they do, well quite frankly they are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I prayed this morning and am going to cut out pork and alcohol. I'm thinking of moving to a Muslim country when I get my medical degree.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I prayed this morning and am going to cut out pork and alcohol. I'm thinking of moving to a Muslim country when I get my medical degree.
    U mean iran?! Are you a medical student? Which uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fateme666)
    U mean iran?! Are you a medical student? Which uni?
    Im not a medical student yet. I have been in the past (pre-medicine first year europe equivalent and mental health nursing). I missed a grade to be eligible to apply but am applying for graduate entry medicine next year. Im doing health sciences with the ou. Im not sure what country i want to go to yet.

ReputationRep:
    Im not a medical student yet. I have been in the past (pre-medicine first year europe equivalent and mental health nursing). I missed a grade to be eligible to apply but am applying for graduate entry medicine next year. Im doing health sciences with the ou. Im not sure what country i want to go to yet.
    Aha i see
    Good luck 👍😊

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.