Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I'm in 2nd year IB and I planning to apply for the London School of Economics, accounting and finance*for 2018 admissions. For accounting and finance, they said on the website they require 38 points, with 6, 6, 6 in HL. I take HL econ, english B and maths, where I am predicted to get 7, 6, 5 respectively. So, because LSE is wanting a 6 in HL maths, and I am only predicted a 5, will I be kicked out immediately? and,*if I actually do get a 6 in HL maths in the final exam is the result going to change in the end, like if I make a phone call or something will they consider me on letting me in or not?

Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Barbra199908)
    Hi,

So I'm in 2nd year IB and I planning to apply for the London School of Economics, accounting and finance*for 2018 admissions. For accounting and finance, they said on the website they require 38 points, with 6, 6, 6 in HL. I take HL econ, english B and maths, where I am predicted to get 7, 6, 5 respectively. So, because LSE is wanting a 6 in HL maths, and I am only predicted a 5, will I be kicked out immediately? and,*if I actually do get a 6 in HL maths in the final exam is the result going to change in the end, like if I make a phone call or something will they consider me on letting me in or not?

Thanks!
    If you have received a rejection to your initial application, the only way to then possibly get a place at LSE would be to take a gap year and reapply. You would not be able to phone them - LSE do not participate in Extra, Adjustment or Clearing.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.