Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Need advice.

Have a flatmate who has a cocktail of issues. As in (racist, misogynistic, aggressive, etc). Anyway, I'm next door to him. Every single day at 7am his alarm clock goes off, and stays on for hours, (waking me up and making it impossible to go back to sleep). Not only that but he keeps me up till the early hours shouting on his games. So I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a day, every day.

It went on for a month, I then politely asked him over text, if he could please either turn it down, or get up earlier and turn it off.

He then proceeds to read and ignore it, and the next day, at 7 again, his alarm is actually louder and more obnoxious. After about half an hour of it, I knock on the wall, and he turns it off.

I'm scared to confront him because he's very aggressive. What do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golidlocks)
    Need advice.

Have a flatmate who has a cocktail of issues. As in (racist, misogynistic, aggressive, etc). Anyway, I'm next door to him. Every single day at 7am his alarm clock goes off, and stays on for hours, (waking me up and making it impossible to go back to sleep). Not only that but he keeps me up till the early hours shouting on his games. So I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a day, every day.

It went on for a month, I then politely asked him over text, if he could please either turn it down, or get up earlier and turn it off.

He then proceeds to read and ignore it, and the next day, at 7 again, his alarm is actually louder and more obnoxious. After about half an hour of it, I knock on the wall, and he turns it off.

I'm scared to confront him because he's very aggressive. What do?
    If you're in student accommodation, then surely this is violating the agreement (quiet hours etc) and you can speak to the accommodation managers?

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth does the alarm not annoy him, soon as mine goes off I have to turn it off.

ReputationRep:
    You need to contact the warden responsible for your accommodation block, if you're in halls.

If not, contact the police (though obviously don't call 999, use a non-emergency contact line/email)

ReputationRep:
    Does your accommodation not have an app where you can report people for noise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTEcactus)
    Unfortunately we don't. I'm going to see whether or not it happens again tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Just confront him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTEcactus)

Holy ****, is that a thing? Could have done with that when I was in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    Holy ****, is that a thing? Could have done with that when I was in halls.
    Unite Students have it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.