Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, So for Computer Science I'm required to make a project of a program which is "sufficiently complex" but I'm struggling to come up with ideas so jus hoping someone can suggest me something
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussain_Salam)
    Hey, So for Computer Science I'm required to make a project of a program which is "sufficiently complex" but I'm struggling to come up with ideas so jus hoping someone can suggest me something
    Cheers
    Make a maths quiz which generates 10 questions and stores the answers in a CSV file

ReputationRep:
    There's already some students using that idea, any alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the people in my class, as well as myself, are creating games. For example you could use snake or tetris and add extra features to fix the problem of simplicity? Other people have gone to make a database. For example, take orders in a restaurant from a customer and store it into a database and provide a GUI for the employees to use. Someone mentioned the idea of 3D chess as it was decided that 2D chess might be too simple.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people in my class have been creating Physics simulations (such as projectile motion or gravity between planets), which seem to be easy to score highly on. There are also quite a few people who are doing timetabling systems, which are more difficult to achieve but have more potential to get the top band of marks. (however that said last year a projectile motion simulation project scored full marks) . Another project that often has a lot of potential are ones which implement encryption.

I am doing an image recognition project incorporating neural networks, however I already had some experience with this, so I wouldn't suggest it unless you already have a certain level of knowledge of it.

From my experience, people who produce games quite often aren't as able to judge complexity of project as other styles of project.

The other option is something to do with databases, but that's really not my kind of thing :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.