Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Members,

Can you guys share your christmas gifts ideas ?

What are the options ? Budget is USD $ 200 thats it.

Best,
    Klieddy
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kleiddy)
    Hello Members,

Can you guys share your christmas gifts ideas ?

What are the options ? Budget is USD $ 200 thats it.

Best,
    Klieddy
    I advise getting personal things or useful things for your friends/relatives... and you know them best.

How many people do you want to cover with that budget? Is there anything that would be useful for them in their life to get them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    I advise getting personal things or useful things for your friends/relatives... and you know them best.

How many people do you want to cover with that budget? Is there anything that would be useful for them in their life to get them?
    Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I want to gift it for 3. 1 for my relative and 2 for my office colleauge.

I was thinking of some nice handmade gifts like scented candles with candle holders (Home Decor ), handmade chocolates.. any idea as I am surfing google.. for that )

Do you think 200 USD is below budget line, especially for handmade items.

(Original post by Kleiddy)
      Do you think 200 USD is below budget line, especially for handmade items.
      Making your own stuff should be *cheaper* than buying them - since you put in the time to assemble them yourself.

The exception is if you need to buy equipment.

$200 is a lot for just 3 gifts. What country are you from?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Making your own stuff should be *cheaper* than buying them - since you put in the time to assemble them yourself.

The exception is if you need to buy equipment.

$200 is a lot for just 3 gifts. What country are you from?
      Thanks Mathemagicien for your reply.

I am from California, USA, but I have come over to India on a business trip .

Will be flying back to USA in the last week of November, after complition of my project.

ReputationRep:
      Actually I wanted to share a link called SIMCS HANDICRAFTS

I saw some very much affordable candle holders as a gift. I saw tealight holders priced at $15 , $24 .... only.

One of my friend love such items. These items do not need any sot of assembling.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.