Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themainone)
    Oh did you. I bet you do nothing now. You deserve to have **** over you
    And btw, attitudes like that won't get you anywhere in life matey
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have tried most of those and still don't get anywhere. Plus some shops are not in my town. I have tried every shop and none get back
    You say you tried shops.

What about agencies? Surely you must be in a vicinity where there are a few town centres.

There's normally many picker, packer, warehouse jobs if you go to job agencies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    You say you tried shops.

What about agencies? Surely you must be in a vicinity in a few town centres.

Nope there are none

ReputationRep:
    Oh really. Well you worked at there which is great but I'm not lowering myself working there you thick b I t c h
    Just bc someone works in McDonald's doesn't make them stupid. If you need money, and you can't get anything else LIKE YOURSELF MIGHT I ADD then maybe that's what you have to do.

I have quite a few qualifications, if you dont mind. I was just trying to help. But you don't deserve it with how you're acting.

GOOD LUCK TO THE PERSON WHO HIRES YOOOOOOOOU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    You say you tried shops.

What about agencies? Surely you must be in a vicinity in a few town centres.

I wouldn't bother. Clearly this person does't want to help themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Having an attitude about where you'd like to work really isn't helpful. You need to lower your standards. 95% of people will not get £9 an hour for a first job. Another place to look is at facebook pages of local businesses (restaurants, shops ect). Quite a few will list vacancies there bc it's free unlike listing on a job website. That's how I found my first job. Also this is the ideal window since most places will be looking for staff to replace recent staff leaving to go to uni, another job or something like that. And there are quite a few vacancies for temp work bc it's near Christmas.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    This must be a troll. OP is being extremely rude and ridiculous. Spitting on McDonalds workers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    This must be a troll. OP is being extremely rude and ridiculous. Spitting on McDonalds workers?
    Look the only job I was offered was kfc for 7.00 a hour. They would let me go on holiday so I told them to do one. All fast food places are the same. My orders now would be 9.00 a hour. It has to be Friday to Sunday and I would not work nights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    NOT a troll in the traditional sense.
    Just a highly disturbed individual who is in desperate need of help. And it can’t be found on tsr
    Is banned daily and keeps coming back
    Best ignored
    Before you find your pm inbox full of insults
    I’ve just been told to get cancer and die. Again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammylou40)
    not a troll in the traditional sense.
    Just a highly disturbed individual who is in desperate need of help. And it can’t be found on tsr
    is banned daily and keeps coming back
    best ignored
    before you find your pm inbox full of insults
    i’ve just been told to get cancer and die. Again
    so how to i find a ****ing job then. Where do i ****ing go

ReputationRep:
    Troll

ReputationRep:
    An easy and independent way of money (as well as getting very fit very fast) is working for Deliveroo. It helped me massively when I was a broke student. You don't need a CV or interview - you just fill out an online form and you're good to go! Definitely worth a try - you also get to pick the hours too. Use my referral code JO128665 - would help me out hugely and I'd be happy to share the money too! D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    NOT a troll in the traditional sense.
    Is banned daily and keeps coming back
    Best ignored
    Before you find your pm inbox full of insults
    I’ve just been told to get cancer and die. Again
    You thought I was bad.

ReputationRep:
    so how to i find a ****ing job then. Where do i ****ing go
    You need to lower your standards as at the moment, it appears your's are wholly unrealistic. So far we've seen you insult people who work for McDonald's, a job is a job at the end of the day.

Those of us who are working, have at one point or another, had to work in a unpleasant job at some point in our lives, so making stupid comments like you have so far, is more indicative of why you might have failed to achieve employment insofar.

If someone is getting paid £9 an hour to work as a cashier in a supermarket, they've probably made themselves appeal to the company they are working for, but feeling entitled to something is a complete non-starter in the real world.

For example, when I was last made redundant, despite having a degree and many years of experience within my field at the time in question, I was applying for absolutely anything, as the importance of having the ability to eat and pay rent overshadows having a job that I enjoy, in that period, I applied for thousands of jobs a month. Nothing was "beneath me", period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    You thought I was bad.
    Glassapple
    There’s a big difference between you and Sam
    You acknowledge your shortcomings and will take advice
    You don’t bombard inboxes with personal abuse
    And actually, I quite like you!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh did you. I bet you do nothing now. You deserve to have **** over you
    Says the person who is desperate to get a job but can't find one. Ever heard the term beggars can't be choosers? :sigh:

I used to work at McDonalds years ago for 2 weeks - now I'm earning nearly £25k working in an office! :p:

We all have to do unpleasant jobs in our lives unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    You're never going to get a job with that attitude. Why do you think you're worth £9 an hour? Just take one at 7.05 (7.50 if youre 25) and work your way up.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, since I last posted and it has escalated quite quickly.

To the OP, lower your standards and get some graft done. I hate people who say there aren't any jobs, when quite evidently there is because you say you got offered a role at KFC but you didn't take it because you are a sanctimonious moron who thinks the worlds owes him a living. I've got news for you, it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah because they were not going to allow me on holiday. I mean it was KFC for crying out loud they should have let me so I swore at them

ReputationRep:
    And have not had luck since

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.