Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone,
    I'm in year 12 and my school requires us to arrange some work experience for July, however I'm really struggling to find any that is relevant to medicine.

I have begun volunteering in a care home and arranged some other experience shadowing a doctor, who is a family friend, however I have no other contacts who I could ask. I've looked on the website of a local hospital and emailed a few consultants, however they've all said they are unable to take me. I wanted to try and get some experience in a GP but I am unsure how to go about doing that as other people have tried GPs and have been rejected.

The only people who have already arranged their work experience have been through family friends, but I don't have any

ReputationRep:
    you could contact the nearest Medical University

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unhappystudentx)
    hi everyone,
    I'm in year 12 and my school requires us to arrange some work experience for July, however I'm really struggling to find any that is relevant to medicine.

I have begun volunteering in a care home and arranged some other experience shadowing a doctor, who is a family friend, however I have no other contacts who I could ask. I've looked on the website of a local hospital and emailed a few consultants, however they've all said they are unable to take me. I wanted to try and get some experience in a GP but I am unsure how to go about doing that as other people have tried GPs and have been rejected.

The only people who have already arranged their work experience have been through family friends, but I don't have any
    Do you have a car/reasonable public transport available? If so, have you looked at hospitals other than your local one?

ReputationRep:
    anyone is the family who knows a medic ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.