Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mature students/parents going back to Uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Are there any mature students / parents who plan to go back to uni or have already started?

I am 34 and have two boys (6 & 2) and have decided to go back to uni after graduating back in 2005!

I feel like all of my brain has leaked out and I can't remember much out of my school/uni days... short of getting my 2+2 wrong. 🙈

Polly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Yes I am 36 and currently doing an access course at college, the plan being to go to uni next year. I have two kids (6 & 3), so far all has been more than manageable but we have been broken in gently at college and I know it is going to pick up next week after the half term. I know what you mean about feeling your brain as leaked out, after a couple of weeks I discovered it was still in there somewhere , it just needs a little training!

ReputationRep:
    Hey. That sounds a sensible plan of action! What are you hoping to study at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I’m 39 and have 3 children (14, 10 and 5). Currently on an Access to social sciences and hoping to get into uni to do Childhood Studies next year 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Meltedmonents, this is fantastic... and amongst other things, a gold medal to you on bringing up three children!!! 😄🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr_Hope)
    Meltedmonents, this is fantastic... and amongst other things, a gold medal to you on bringing up three children!!! 😄🙈
    Thanks! They’re my proudest achievement. My eldest has told me that I’m inspiring her to think about going to uni when she’s 18. It felt amazing when she told me that ❤️

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I was thinking: I tell my children they can be anything, but I have worked in a field I don't care for for 11 years... so I don't really practice what I preach. Going back to uni hopefully will show them that I meant what I said!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.