Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

GCSE's: 10A*
    AS: AAAAAB
    A Level Predicted: A*A*A*A
    Info/Updates: Sent 14th Oct, Initial Assessment Email 24th Oct, Further Assessment 30th Oct
    Other Uni's: Oxford (Oriel), UCL, Durham and Warwick

ReputationRep:
    is the 4th AS essential?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye.16)
    is the 4th AS essential?
    Yes, if I'm not mistaken.

You can check it here
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...a2017/law.aspx

ReputationRep:
    - GCSE results 9A*,2A
    - AS results N/A doing linear
    - A2 predictions/achieved grades A*AA
    - Info/updates about your application Received an email saying I was in further assessment last Monday
    - Other universities you are applying to Cam, UCL, Durham, Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariana1998)
    Yes, if I'm not mistaken.

You can check it here
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...a2017/law.aspx
    That's 2017 entry requirement... 2018 only requires 3 A Levels

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's - 6A*s 4As 1B
    As Maths - A (rest is linear)
    A-Levels - History, Economics, Math
    Predicted - A* A* A
    Other Unis - Cambridge (Selwyn), Warwick (offer), Nottingham, Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I am studying for the CBSE boards in India.

1. I have predicted grades of average 92% for my year 12 and a 10 CGPA (95%) for my year 10.
    2. I have applied for LSE, QMUL, Warwick and manchester

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if LSE rejects people in initial assessment based on their predicted grades? Thanks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flutz)
    Anyone know if LSE rejects people in initial assessment based on their predicted grades? Thanks.
    Yes, But only if ur predicted grades are sub-standard

ReputationRep:
    So if law is A*AA, and I'm predicted AAA or AAB, would that be considered substandard? Just wondering how strict they are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flutz)
    If predictives don't cross 90% overall they logically should as it is their cutoff.

ReputationRep:
    i got a letter saying that my application was now under initial assessment. how long does it take for me to receive my offer/notices/ anything from the university??
    im anxious about my lnat score.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone still not received an initial assessment email? I've only got an acknowledgment email and its mid November now so I am feeling a little anxious. I applied for govt last year and remember getting my initial assessment email in October..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getmeaplace)
    i got a letter saying that my application was now under initial assessment. how long does it take for me to receive my offer/notices/ anything from the university??
    im anxious about my lnat score.
    Initial Assessment usually takes 1-2 weeks and should you pass it, Further Assessment is up to 8 weeks before you either get a decision or have your application considered for up to another 4 weeks. Also, LSE does not use the LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackgill)
    Has anyone still not received an initial assessment email? I've only got an acknowledgment email and its mid November now so I am feeling a little anxious. I applied for govt last year and remember getting my initial assessment email in October..
    Don't worry. I haven't. I sent them an email and they said that they have a lot of applicants this year so they're taking a bit of time. They cannot reject you without putting you under initial assessment. They're just busy. I applied exactly a month ago and still have nothing.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE : 6A 2B 2C
    AS: AABD
    A2 Predictions: A*AA

Don't know if I'll get an offer but should I still give a try because my predicted grades are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m111k111)
    GCSE : 6A 2B 2C
    AS: AABD
    A2 Predictions: A*AA

Don't know if I'll get an offer but should I still give a try because my predicted grades are pretty good.
    Your predicted grades only just meet the entry requirements and your GCSE's and AS's are below average for an applicant - you'll be up against a lot of people who have only A*/A grades across all boards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryGuy1998)
    Your predicted grades only just meet the entry requirements and your GCSE's and AS's are below average for an applicant - you'll be up against a lot of people who have only A*/A grades across all boards
    Yeah I understand. So should I apply to another college instead of LSE? Im an international student so I don't want to apply to any back up ones. If I don't get anywhere good I won't go abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m111k111)
    Yeah I understand. So should I apply to another college instead of LSE? Im an international student so I don't want to apply to any back up ones. If I don't get anywhere good I won't go abroad.
    UCL, KCL, Bristol, Durham, Warwick, York, are all good choices

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know what my chances are like with

GCSE: 4A* 5A
    IB Predictions: 42 (766 HL)
    LSE requires 37 with 766 HL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.