Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the biggest ego boost you have ever received? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So coming home from work yesterday a guy was saying he had been asked to be god father to his friends baby and best man for another and it gave him an ego boost as he thought he was an idiot , so what has boosted your ego?

ReputationRep:
    A lady asked me if I was single because she wanted to set her daughter up, told her I wasn't interested, then the lady started flirting with me.

Legit felt alpha as ****.

ReputationRep:
    The conversation I had with my partner's father when I asked for his blessing to marry his daughter.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When I found out I bet over 150 other singers into a music course. Only me and 2 others made it in. Was pretty impressed at myself

ReputationRep:
    My ego couldn't be anymore boosted so this is a hard question 😆 But I guess it's when men in suits help or ask me out.

ReputationRep:
    girl told me she thought she was asexual before she met me

hearing someone say "why can't you be more like [me]"

lots of little things but those are the first 2 I thought of

ReputationRep:
    I achieved 82 in a Synthetic Chemistry module.

ReputationRep:
    When my course tutor at college mentioned my dedication in front of everyone.

ReputationRep:
    idk recently we had a parents evening at my college and my geology lecturer was like super pleased with my results and like came up to my parents directly even though i didn't arrange a meeting with him to congratulate me

shame almost everything else in my life sucks aha

ReputationRep:
    "I'd hate to come up against you in court."

Considering I want to be a prosecution barrister, that's pretty boosting.

ReputationRep:
    "Its SOOOO BIG"

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I’ve not had anything good said about me. I will never have an ego anyway 😂
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    A lady asked me if I was single because she wanted to set her daughter up, told her I wasn't interested, then the lady started flirting with me.

Legit felt alpha as ****.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    When I was still playing in loads of tournaments and this random joined a game I was in and was like "omg chicken madness. I'm your biggest fan. I've watched all your games." The rest of the pros in the game were all jelly lmao. And I was being really annoying about it for lols.

Uni girl that fancied me when I was in 6th form. Said I was a 'gorgeous guy'. Was chuffed for years. Used to annoy my friend in 6th form about it for jokes, telling her I'm a gorgeous guy all the time haha.
    Uni girl also cheated on her boyfriend with me (without telling me she had a boyfriend). I always attract sloots and they never tell me about their boyfriends lmao. I thought she wanted a relationship :laugh:

Also in 6th form, this girl that fancied me randomly came to my house and knocked on my door one friday night and wanted me to come out with them (I didn't cus I was in my pjamas and couldn't be arsed). When they were walking off one of them shouted 'did you see his d*ck? it's massive' rofl. The one that fancied me told me the next day they could see the outline of my d*ck through my pjamas lol. But ye this girl was a huge sloot and was tryna flirt with me and a shitload of other dudes at the same time in secret. sloot.

last ex gf that I lived with at uni. The first time we saw each other naked she was acting all shocked for ages saying my d*ck was massive. And the first time we had sex she came as soon as I put it in. She was being all embarassed, and I was just thinking, 'nice.' lol. But ye she was going on about how big my d*ck was for the whole relationship rofl. Also a sloot that didn't tell me she already had a boyfriend (broke up with him after she got with me and told me a few months later).

Moral of the story. The ones that give you the biggest compliments are epic sl*gs that are tryna gain ya trust so they can do some evil sh*t lmao.

Stay safe out there men.

Spoiler:
    Show

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    When I was still playing in loads of tournaments and this random joined a game I was in and was like "omg chicken madness. I'm your biggest fan. I've watched all your games." The rest of the pros in the game were all jelly lmao. And I was being really annoying about it for lols.

Uni girl that fancied me when I was in 6th form. Said I was a 'gorgeous guy'. Was chuffed for years. Used to annoy my friend in 6th form about it for jokes, telling her I'm a gorgeous guy all the time haha.
    Uni girl also cheated on her boyfriend with me (without telling me she had a boyfriend). I always attract sloots and they never tell me about their boyfriends lmao. I thought she wanted a relationship :laugh:

Also in 6th form, this girl that fancied me randomly came to my house and knocked on my door one friday night and wanted me to come out with them (I didn't cus I was in my pjamas and couldn't be arsed). When they were walking off one of them shouted 'did you see his d*ck? it's massive' rofl. The one that fancied me told me the next day they could see the outline of my d*ck through my pjamas lol. But ye this girl was a huge sloot and was tryna flirt with me and a shitload of other dudes at the same time in secret. sloot.

last ex gf that I lived with at uni. The first time we saw each other naked she was acting all shocked for ages saying my d*ck was massive. And the first time we had sex she came as soon as I put it in. She was being all embarassed, and I was just thinking, 'nice.' lol. But ye she was going on about how big my d*ck was for the whole relationship rofl. Also a sloot that didn't tell me she already had a boyfriend (broke up with him after she got with me and told me a few months later).

Moral of the story. The ones that give you the biggest compliments are epic sl*gs that are tryna gain ya trust so they can do some evil sh*t lmao.

Stay safe out there men.

Spoiler:
    Show

Lincoln's been using the misc😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Having an ego is a bad thing, people have said nice things to me in the past, don't mean I have to get an ego out of it.
    Don't like people with egos to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    When I was working on a summer camp, the guy who ran it gathered all the counselors together and was going on about how we need to actually start engaging with the kids more and mentioned me and another guy as the only individuals he'd seen making an effort. It was pretty nice considering I wasn't expecting it at all and thought I wasn't doing a great job.

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered another weird one. When I was in year 7 this girl said she was making a 'Kyle fan club' and she brought in a sticker machine and made loads of stickers with my name on it and was giving em to people lmao. Was just weird though tbh lol.

ReputationRep:
    No one has said anything 'boosting' enough to remember. I don't think there is anything good about me for that to happen. Only small things, which in fairness have quite large short-term effect, most likely due to my extremely fragile self-confidence in pretty much every area.

ReputationRep:
    i saw a guy get rejected by a girl in a pub... so I went up and tried to hit on her about half an hour later and she gave me her number

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.