Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Introvert's Life: Procrastination, Study and Music Watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess the title is self-explanatory. I started a GYG study blog back in September but I had it moved due to the fact I really didn't feel like I was making any academic progress. However, I'm still quite keen on the idea of having a blog so I've decided to start a regular one; that way, I can post updates on all the random antics I get up to (as opposed to updates about study when I'm really going nowhere academia wise).
    I'm currently a 16-year-old who is studying at her school's sixth form. For my AS Levels, I am doing Business Studies, History, I.C.T and the (unfortunately) compulsory Welsh Baccalaureate. I have no idea what my predicted grades are for AS but the majority of my GCSE results were B's so I'm assuming the predicted ALIS grades will be C's.
    I consider myself as an introvert for the obvious reasons (well, what I presume to be obvious anyway). I'm basically shy (don't know whether the shyness is derived from the fact I'm an autist or whether I'd be shy anyway). As a result, I sometimes find conversations difficult as I lack some of the skills other people take for granted. I spend most of my life online (yeah, I get it's not exactly healthy but most teenagers I know nowadays are the same). I used to read regularly in my spare time (still do sometimes, just not that often) but now I browse social media, contribute to discussions on TSR, listen to music and go horse-riding once a fortnight; I'm actually listening to Manic Street Preachers as I type this!
    I guess this blog is supposed to give my life a bit of purpose because I seem to be wasting it at the moment. Most of it will probably be about school antics or the random stuff I get up to when I'm spending my spare time with friends. I appreciate it'll probably be boring but I hope some of my updates have some sort of appeal.
    Guess I'm off for now.

- Cerian -

ReputationRep:
    Friday 13th October:
    I was at a loss regarding ideas for my first blog update, but I've suddenly been struck with the seemingly obvious choice. So I'm going to start with a post about my day so far (everyone has to start somewhere).
    So, it's Friday 13th which doesn't bother me personally because I don't have any superstitious beliefs. Besides, my 13th birthday was actually on Friday 13th 2013 so if it really is unlucky, then I would've had the worst luck possible on that day (which I didn't). Anyway, I only have History on a Friday and my school has allocated all these "study" lessons where we're presumably supposed to do independent work? But it doesn't really make sense why we'd have study lessons for subjects like History and Business when we already have study periods in between our subjects anyway. So I was supposed to be having History first period, but my teacher is off school with an illness. My head of sixth locked the common room this morning due to the mess it was apparently left in...we've been warned about this issue before but it's the first time she's actually locked it today. As far as I know, most of the Year 12's keep it tidy yet a few upper sixth students seem to enjoy blaming us for the mess. So I spent lessons 1-4 in an empty classroom upstairs along with a group of other Year 12 students because we didn't really have anywhere else to go.
    That means all I've done all day is literally browse Facebook, Twitter and listen to music on Deezer. I've also spent a lot of time on TSR which is why I got the urge to start this blog in the first place. I'm currently listening to an album called Journal For Plague Lovers by Manic Street Preachers; it's a decent album. You could say I'm being a bit biased considering I love the Manics' music, but trust me...the album is really good.
    I don't have a phone at the moment because it's broke, so I'm waiting on (another) new one for my birthday or Christmas...this is why I only use TSR at school, because that's the only time of the day I get access to it. Things should start looking up this evening though. The common room was opened again at lunch (after we were all forced to sign a contract to be able to use it) so at least I'm able to chill in there. And I'm off to my niece's afternoon tea later (a belated activity as her birthday was on Saturday). I also have horse-riding tomorrow so I guess I'll post an update about my weekend when I'm at school next Monday.

- Cerian -
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey_Its_Cerian)
    I guess the title is self-explanatory. I started a GYG study blog back in September but I had it moved due to the fact I really didn't feel like I was making any academic progress. However, I'm still quite keen on the idea of having a blog so I've decided to start a regular one; that way, I can post updates on all the random antics I get up to (as opposed to updates about study when I'm really going nowhere academia wise).
    I'm currently a 16-year-old who is studying at her school's sixth form. For my AS Levels, I am doing Business Studies, History, I.C.T and the (unfortunately) compulsory Welsh Baccalaureate. I have no idea what my predicted grades are for AS but the majority of my GCSE results were B's so I'm assuming the predicted ALIS grades will be C's.
    I consider myself as an introvert for the obvious reasons (well, what I presume to be obvious anyway). I'm basically shy (don't know whether the shyness is derived from the fact I'm an autist or whether I'd be shy anyway). As a result, I sometimes find conversations difficult as I lack some of the skills other people take for granted. I spend most of my life online (yeah, I get it's not exactly healthy but most teenagers I know nowadays are the same). I used to read regularly in my spare time (still do sometimes, just not that often) but now I browse social media, contribute to discussions on TSR, listen to music and go horse-riding once a fortnight; I'm actually listening to Manic Street Preachers as I type this!
    I guess this blog is supposed to give my life a bit of purpose because I seem to be wasting it at the moment. Most of it will probably be about school antics or the random stuff I get up to when I'm spending my spare time with friends. I appreciate it'll probably be boring but I hope some of my updates have some sort of appeal.
    Guess I'm off for now.

- Cerian -
    Hello! :hi:

We're closing the Blogs section of the site as it wasn't getting a lot of activity, but don't worry - that means your blog can go in a much more active section of the site where it'll get loads more attention! :jive:

Just so you know, I've moved your blog to Creative Corner - I hope that's OK!

Paracosm :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Hello! :hi:

We're closing the Blogs section of the site as it wasn't getting a lot of activity, but don't worry - that means your blog can go in a much more active section of the site where it'll get loads more attention! :jive:

Just so you know, I've moved your blog to Creative Corner - I hope that's OK!

Paracosm :bigsmile:
    Cheers for the heads-up. :thumbsup:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey_Its_Cerian)
    Cheers for the heads-up. :thumbsup:
    No worries! Hope everything goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    Wow...I genuinely forgot about this blog. I just so happened to browse through the Creative Corner thread and find it. So, um, I guess I'm happy? I sure have an awful lot to write about now...
    I know it was ages ago but now that I'm here, I remember mentioning a blog update about my weekend. That was on Friday 13th, when I started this blog. So I guess I'll start with that, even if it was like...13 days ago now.

Friday 13th October (continued):
    My niece's afternoon tea was in the function room of a local pub. She had a lot of friends there, more than the amount of friends I've had in my current life duration. Three were from her ballet class, the rest were from school. I just sat there like a loner with my sister and 5-year-old niece (lol). There was like a photo booth where you could choose different backgrounds and take loads of photos with different accessories on, so I had a go with my sister because she wanted to have photos with me. My younger niece was more interested in the booth than the food so she came in with us. The tea itself was pretty decent: scones, cakes, sandwiches without the crust, that sort of thing. It didn't look like much when they brought it all out on these silver racks but god, it was so filling. My sister gave everyone a bath bomb as a party favour and she gave me a paper bag to put leftover cakes in. After the party was over, she took me home so I chilled in my room and watched Gogglebox.

Saturday 14th October:
    I had horse-riding and the horse I usually ride with (Charlieboy - yes, that's his name) was so energetic! Like, I had trouble getting him to stop and slow down despite my tugging at the reins. I had two of the fastest canters ever and I honestly thought I would collide with the horse in front of me. But I love cantering anyway because it's thrilling and it fills me with adrenaline. We did the usual stuff: trotting a 20 metre circle, sitting trot, cantering, etc. We went for a bit of a walk up the mountain paths...some of them, anyway. We didn't leave until halfway through the lesson so didn't have time to go far.

Sunday 15th October:
    Nothing really worth mentioning, if I'm honest.

I don't have anything interesting that happened last week either, come to think of it. But I'm going to a party on Saturday (tell you more in a future update) and it's Half Term for Wales next week so I'll tell you all about that when I'm back at school.

ReputationRep:
    I know English schools have slightly different term times than Wales, but we had our Half Term last week. So, no school on Halloween for me!
    I remember stating that I had a party in my last update, and that I'd explain more. Basically, my Lithuanian friend is currently working in Bridgwater and travels back to our area every so often to hang out with us. It was her birthday on 19th October but as she was working at the time, she had a belated party on Saturday 28th. I even sacrificed a horse-riding lesson to attend. So, here goes nothing:

Saturday 28th October:
    I met two of my mates at the park (our usual meeting place) and we hung out for a few hours. We went to the basketball court to meet our Lithuanian friend as she was assembled here with her dad, as well as her friend from Swansea (also Lithuanian but grew up in Italy and now lives in Wales too). I'm not going to lie; I do drink alcohol but only very occasionally (Christmas, New Year's Eve, etc.) and I drink in moderation anyway so I've never been drunk. I'm not going to go into huge detail about the party (because that would take an incredibly long time, trust me). One of my friends basically got hammered and it took the lot of us to convince him to lie down. Even then, he kept getting back up. At one point, he was so drunk he tried sitting on my male friend's lap and well as attempting to hug the lot of us. Yeah, not so good for him as it was the rest of us. He was crashed in the garden at some point and couldn't remember anything that happened after I helped him to his ride home. Even in that state, he kept denying he was drunk. People these days, eh?

Tuesday 31st October:
    I met a mate at the park and we knocked for another friend who is not allowed in the local area on his own despite being 17 next January. Not his fault, just his ridiculously overprotective nan. So we spent a few hours in the area; there is not much to do in Bargoed so we always do the same things i.e chill at our spot in the "woods", buy stuff from the corner shop and go to the park. But we do occasionally venture to the high street (ha, exciting). Another of my friends (who hasn't answered the door once during the summer holidays, no matter how much we knocked for her) actually came out with us much to our disbelief and shock. After spending some time with her and my other mate, I walked back to Aberbargoed. I spent some time at my best friend's house and went back home. I wore my lab outfit with a face mask even though I didn't go anywhere else. We watched a film that night (Paranormal Activity 2).

Thursday 2nd November:
    I went to my sister's house with my mother. She fed us chicken nuggets with chips and beans and put on Finding Dory for us all to watch (my mother hadn't seen it). I went back to my best friend's house for a few hours before walking home.

Saturday 4th November:
    Went from having a stonking time at the party to starting my day with a bank appointment at Santander and having my savings moved to both a 1-2-3 Mini and a Junior ISA. Having my cash card delivered probably this week. While this wasn't so exciting, I soon met with a few mates again. That evening, one came with me to the Caerphilly fireworks display with my sister, two nieces and sister's (very) tall friend. Had lovely chips and (not so lovely) ketchup as well as a triple scoop mint chocolate ice-cream on the train, while my poor friend awkwardly sat there with nothing. Watched the fireworks by the castle before visiting my nan and grancha. Last year, we went to their house before the fireworks display but did it the other way around this year. We knew how crowded the first trains would be on the way back to Bargoed station. While I was surprised at how busy the train was on the back 9considering it was the last train to transport along the whole carriage line), we still managed to get seats. Well, we get to Bargoed station and the doors for our carriage wouldn't open. Just as we started making our way to the next carriage to get off there, the train went off again. Well, I don't know why our carriage door decided to be faulty at our stop when so many people jammed that button, but most people saw sense and booked a taxi from the next station on our line. My sister didn't realise there were no more trains operating afterward to take us back to Bargoed so we all stayed on until Rhymney (the last station on our line). Eventually, our train driver kindly offered to drive us back to Bargoed where my sister's car was safely stationary at the 'park and ride'. 7 people crammed like sardines in a regular 5-seater...definitely a car journey I won't forget any time soon!

Well, that really was a super long update. I can only apologise for the length of it. Meanwhile, it's currently lunch time (typed this in one of my study periods) and I am hungry so see you!

- Cerian -

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.