Turn on thread page Beta

Trial shift at Pizza restaurant? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a trial shift at a pizza restaurant/cafe today (on Friday 13th, just my luck.) It's a small family run business and if I'm successful I'll be working as a kitchen porter. I have experience doing a similar role but I'm really nervous going into this job because my last one was literally the worst job I'd ever had, after a dispute about them under paying me by more than £50 three times, I got my last shift beginning of August and was never contacted again. So I always felt like I'd done something wrong or screwed up on the job.

I'm worried too because with it being an Italian run business a lot of the staff don't seem to speak English too well. Not trying to be mean or offensive but I'm worried about miscommunication problems and when things are busy I don't want to get yelled at for doing something wrong. They also told me to wear black trousers, I have office trousers but also black jeans and I have to wear a black t-shirt so do you think it would be OK just to wear the jeans as the trousers would look too odd? I won't be in view of the customers anyway I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    Dough worry, it'll be a pizza cake:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't wear jeans at least not until you see what other people in the same role are wearing. Always better to be overdressed than under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I wouldn't wear jeans at least not until you see what other people in the same role are wearing. Always better to be overdressed than under.
    I agree. It wouldn't make a good first impression to turn up in jeans unless you've been explicitly told you can wear them.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.