Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any funding for medicine as a second degree?

I have a first class BSc in physics and I'm applying to GEM this year, although my UKCAT isn't the best as one section has dragged down my average. I have AABB at A level, and I think entry requirements for undergrad are at least AAA? I could sit another A level if that is acceptable, but I would like to know if there is any funding for medicine as a second degree, as I don't have £45,000 to pay upfront over the 5 years.

Thanks for any help
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by michelleworth)
    Is there any funding for medicine as a second degree?

I have a first class BSc in physics and I'm applying to GEM this year, although my UKCAT isn't the best as one section has dragged down my average. I have AABB at A level, and I think entry requirements for undergrad are at least AAA? I could sit another A level if that is acceptable, but I would like to know if there is any funding for medicine as a second degree, as I don't have £45,000 to pay upfront over the 5 years.

Thanks for any help
    You will get funding for all but around £3465 on a GEM course. Applying to the 5 year courses will mean that your first four years tuition fees would be unfunded and you would need £36K. Only a few 5 year courses require you to have AAA, most have separate requirements for grads. But yeah, you will need to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Summary of options here : https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/...es/medics2017/

And : http://www.rmbf.org/medical-students...second-degree/

Essentially, unless you have some 'private' money to plug the gaps, its probably a non-starter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2017

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.