Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I want to apply for St Andrews to study History with A*AB predicteds. My A* is in history so i'm hoping that would help. Would I get an offer for an AAA history course then?

Any advice appreciated.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TheJonno91)
    Hi guys, I want to apply for St Andrews to study History with A*AB predicteds. My A* is in history so i'm hoping that would help. Would I get an offer for an AAA history course then?

Any advice appreciated.
    You need to ask them directly if they accept equivalent grades or if an A is the minimum

ReputationRep:

Any advice appreciated.
    Just ring them and ask.

ReputationRep:

Any advice appreciated.
    It's certainly not impossible. I applied for a course at St A that expected a minimum of 38 IB points, was accepted with an offer of 36 points, and was given an unconditional despite only achieving 35.

If you really want to come to St Andrews you should apply anyway, send them a HELL of a personal statement, and see what happens. If they see you have passion for the university and the course, there's a good chance you'll get an offer! Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.