Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I work part time at a bacon factory through an agency and I have been given any shifts for a few weeks. Apparently, it's all my mum's friends business as I've seen her post things on Facebook about this to her friends with things that paint a picture of me like I'm a drug addiction or alcoholic like "Bless him, he can't hold down a job" or can't maintain a job, and when I ask her why, or point out to her a job isn't a machine, or its not my fault the shifts aren't available, she tells me I'm welcome to f off and never see her again. (I live separately from her, but visit her often).

How can I best talk to her about this without venting my frustration and doing or saying something to her I might later regret?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I work part time at a bacon factory through an agency and I have been given any shifts for a few weeks. Apparently, it's all my mum's friends business as I've seen her post things on Facebook about this to her friends with things that paint a picture of me like I'm a drug addiction or alcoholic like "Bless him, he can't hold down a job" or can't maintain a job, and when I ask her why, or point out to her a job isn't a machine, or its not my fault the shifts aren't available, she tells me I'm welcome to f off and never see her again. (I live separately from her, but visit her often).

How can I best talk to her about this without venting my frustration and doing or saying something to her I might later regret?
    Sorry I didn't quite understand- do you live seperately from your Mum or your Mum's friend?

This is totally interfering and patronising. I would be looking for an apology from her.

She possible means well and is hoping that somebody will offer a solution or another role for you but she really should be minding her own business.

That said; If i were you I'd be looking for a job with better shift options.

ReputationRep:
    I know she's your mum but she's out of order. Not sure why she can't grasp the concept of a zero hours contract.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them to F OFF

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.