Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 year old girl raped 3 times in one night in Tower Hamlets Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's almost as if these men are guided by an religious ideology that does not value those who are not apart of the same creed.

Didn't a girl get raped several times in the same night in Birmingham last month? Hardly shocking anymore.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you get raped 3 times in one night? If this was 3 different incidents then it suggests something is seriously wrong in tower hamlets.This is not the sort of thing you should be seeing in 21st century britain. However it might be something you would see in 21st century india. And this has happened on other occasions as well.What about Rochdale or Colgne in Germany? I think this is a problem with certain cultures in certain areas of the country that don't respect or value women.

(Original post by Twinpeaks)
      How on earth does an animal rape? You can't possibly suggest an animal is capable of rape without falling victim to anthropomorphism.
      Say a human sexually identifies as a dog, and has sex with a drunk woman. Is he not a dog? Has he not raped her? /sarcasm

But seriously, what bizarre definition of rape are you going by? Okay, I'll grant that the legal definition pretty much requires you to be a human male, but then so does the legal definition of many other things that we can all agree animals also do.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Say a human sexually identifies as a dog, and has sex with a drunk woman. Is he not a dog? Has he not raped her? /sarcasm

But seriously, what bizarre definition of rape are you going by? Okay, I'll grant that the legal definition pretty much requires you to be a human male, but then so does the legal definition of many other things that we can all agree animals also do.
      Hah! :rofl:

Jokes aside, informed-consent requires a higher level of cognitive functioning that simply does not apply to non-human animals.

An animal does not consider whether their mate has provided fully informed consent, they do not ask for it, and they do not provide it.

You are superimposing human-like thinking onto animals. It just doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
      Not victim blaming here but maybe it's time people were actively taught in schools to be street smart. A 17yo girl should realise she's vulnerable and take measures to make sure she's accounted for during the night and is with someone at all times.

Hah! :rofl:

Jokes aside, informed-consent requires a higher level of cognitive functioning that simply does not apply to non-human animals.

An animal does not consider whether their mate has provided fully informed consent, they do not ask for it, and they do not provide it.

You are superimposing human-like thinking onto animals. It just doesn't work.
        Well, we're just going to have to agree to disagree again. I don't see any reason i) why humans should be the only species to have these kinds of social concepts (e.g. not wanting to hurt their own), especially pack animals and those who have complex mating rituals in order to attract mates and ii) why all humans (even the most mentally handicapped) are considered to have this cognitive functioning (perhaps superimposing human-like thinking onto rapists is wrong, perhaps some of them don't understand the concept of consent).

ReputationRep:
        This is just ridiculous! Who on Earth in their RIGHT mind take advantage of a vulnerable young lady?? Where was their sense of conscience when they were being taught in school ?!?! They really should not be let off easily. 3 Blinking TIMES !!!! It is absurd!!!

Bless the young soul x

ReputationRep:
        This is so hard to comprehend. I don't know how this girl, or her immediate family, will ever be able to trust people ever again. I pray that she gets excellent counselling.

ReputationRep:
        Sick vile people out there

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mathemagicien)
        Well, we're just going to have to agree to disagree again. I don't see any reason i) why humans should be the only species to have these kinds of social concepts (e.g. not wanting to hurt their own), especially pack animals and those who have complex mating rituals in order to attract mates and ii) why all humans (even the most mentally handicapped) are considered to have this cognitive functioning (perhaps superimposing human-like thinking onto rapists is wrong, perhaps some of them don't understand the concept of consent).
        People with significant and profound learning disorders do struggle with the concept of consent actually.

And mental capacity is used in criminal prosecution, and entails a thorough psychological examination using evidence based testing.

An animal cannot provide informed consent, nor can it request it, therefore the very basis of consentual or non-consentual sex can not apply. It's just mating. Yes animals are capable of complex social behaviours, but this entails a concept of morality that is beyond animals.

ReputationRep:
        how did they sexually assault her ..

did they take her clothes off and do something to her ???

anyway if I ever saw this happen I would myself decapitate those men with my bare hands
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
        How on earth does an animal rape? You can't possibly suggest an animal is capable of rape without falling victim to anthropomorphism.

I've seen it from time to time in nature documentaries

the one that stuck in my mind the most was these white lion like creatures who lived in the mountains but roamed around completely isolated by themselves except when it was time to mate. Then the male went in search of females ..but there are so few of these animals around that it takes weeks and weeks of search ing to come across another one.

The male eventually encounters a female. She is not receptive, he stalks her ..and bites and scratches her to try and get her to succumb [not fatally, but enough to incentivise her to succumb, think of it like a man slapping or punching a woman when she says no to sex and then trying again]

I think it was a david attenborough documentary, I remember the voice over guy using the words "He will not let her get away without mating" or words to that effect.

eventually the female succumbs as the male is starting to get violent towards the cub she has with her [not his child]

after mating the male leaves.

the female is limping, and the voice over guy comments on her injuries and says she will struggle to hunt like that.

how is that not rape?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by study beats)
        how did they sexually assault her ..

did they take her clothes off and do something to her ???

anyway if I ever saw this happen I would myself decapitate those men with my bare hands

my guess is after the first sexual assault where she lost a lot of clothes this increased her risk of further incident dramatically as the men saw a half naked woman walking around ...and it drew them in like moths to a flame.

not blaming the girl or anything, but the fact of the matter is, the more provocatively a woman is dressed the more unwanted attention she receives, and sometimes unwanted attention leads to sexual assault and rape...........

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ANM775)

the one that stuck in my mind the most was these white lion like creatures who lived in the mountains but roamed around completely isolated by themselves except when it was time to mate. Then the male went in search of females ..but there are so few of these animals around that it takes weeks and weeks of search ing to come across another one.

The male eventually encounters a female. She is not receptive, he stalks her ..and bites and scratches her to try and get her to succumb [not fatally, but enough to incentivise her to succumb, think of it like a man slapping or punching a woman when she says no to sex and then trying again]

I think it was a david attenborough documentary, I remember the voice over guy using the words "He will not let her get away without mating" or words to that effect.

eventually the female succumbs as the male is starting to get violent towards the cub she has with her [not his child]

the female is limping, and the voice over guy comments on her injuries and says she will struggle to hunt like that.

how is that not rape?
        Do you think an animal is capable of committing murder?

Or does an animal simply kill another creature?

What is the difference?

I'm not saying that an animal would refuse to mate with an unwilling animal, I'm saying that the concept of rape does not apply to the animal.

The animal wants sex, it gets it. It doesn't care whether the other animal "consents" or not. It simply does not think on that level. It has no sense of morality, of right and wrong.
        You think that lion was aware of the suffering it caused to the female lion? Do you think another lion would think "oh dear I'll leave this poor girl alone".

ReputationRep:

how is that not rape?

Tell me what is the difference?

I'm not saying that an animal would refuse to mate with another animal who is unwilling, I'm saying that the concept of rape does simply not apply to the animal.

The animal wants sex, it gets it. It doesn't care whether the other animal "consents" or not on an ethical level. It simply does not think that way. It has no sense of morality. Or at least there is no damn way you can prove it.

You think that lion was aware of the suffering it caused to the female lion? Do you think another lion would think "oh dear I'll leave her alone as I am causing pain"?.

No. Rape requires a conscience, you simply cannot put that onto an animal. You need to think about this on another level.

Rape is a human definition, with human parameters, and human characteristics, it is incredibly obtuse to displace such a definition onto an animal.

ReputationRep:

What is the difference?

I'm not saying that an animal would refuse to mate with an unwilling animal, I'm saying that the concept of rape does not apply to the animal.

The animal wants sex, it gets it. It doesn't care whether the other animal "consents" or not. It simply does not think on that level. It has no sense of morality, of right and wrong.
        You think that lion was aware of the suffering it caused to the female lion? Do you think another lion would think "oh dear I'll leave this poor girl alone".

the definition of murder is an unlawful premeditated killing

do animals have laws in which they live by? ...probably not, so no ..it cannot commit murder as it not bound by any law.

I do believe animals know what is right and wrong. Maybe not as extensively as humans, but they know. You sometimes hear of stories about wild animals saving humans lives from other wild animals and stuff...
        having said all that I believe some vicious species of animals have low morality in general and simply don't care what carnage they cause. There are humans like that too, Saddam, Osama...........etc

and yes, I think the lion knew he was causing her distress, but he simply didn't care. He had been walking around for weeks looking for a mate, and simply wasn't going to take no for an answer.

ReputationRep:
        All three of these attackers should be killed

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TreeFellOnMe)
        People are going to blame it on the girl for putting herself in such a vulnerable and defenceless position.
        It's not hard to understand why really... Don't get me wrong, regardless of the circumstances, it isn't her fault that this happened, but a bit of common sense goes a long way in preventing/avoiding scenarios like this...

Don't get drunk and go for a midnight walk.
        Don't go out alone in the early hours of the morning.
        Don't do both at the same time.

These are only emphasised even more for women, given that it's a biological fact that men are naturally capable of greater strength, thus men with malicious intent can quite easily overpower women. I also feel like these points should be emphasised even more if you live in a city, even more so for a capital city.

Again, I'm not saying it's her fault, but a bit of common sense goes a long way.

ReputationRep:
        These people are opportunists, sick ones at that. They may not have violently forced her but they saw she was in a drunken/drugged state.

ReputationRep:
        the definition of murder is an unlawful premeditated killing

do animals have laws in which they live by? ...probably not, so no ..it cannot commit murder as it not bound by any law.

I do believe animals know what is right and wrong. Maybe not as extensively as humans, but they know. You sometimes hear of stories about wild animals saving humans lives from other wild animals and stuff...
        having said all that I believe some vicious species of animals have low morality in general and simply don't care what carnage they cause. There are humans like that too, Saddam, Osama...........etc

and yes, I think the lion knew he was causing her distress, but he simply didn't care. He had been walking around for weeks looking for a mate, and simply wasn't going to take no for an answer.

And using that exact logic they equally cannot rape as they are not bound by law? It's the exact same principle, how can you not see that? You are always just off the mark, and beginning to piss me off tbh. I'm losing patience with your continuous twisted logic.

You can in no way assume that animals have a moral compass. They know which actions lead to a negative consequence, but they do not know whether an action is inherently "bad" on a moral level. You cannot say that some species have low morality because morality is not an explanation behind animal behaviour. Some animals are simply more aggressive.

Placing these assumptions on an animal is wrong and illogical. When a dog kills a child, the dog is considered too aggressive and is put down, but when a human kills a child that human is considered evil. We attach different inferences to the behaviour of animals and humans. And there is a reason for that.

Now if you haven't noticed, I haven't replied to your two last messages because you never listen to what I have to say, you just continue to provide your own ideas and arguments without even listening to me. So just save your time and don't bother.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.