Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Hot Chocolate Thread ☕️ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Hot (chocolate) daymn! Those are some cool ideas. You need to start up a hot chocolate stand and share your gift with the world.
    My flat mates have said that haha..

They love my creations but hate the mess (kitchen walls/surfaces splatter with cream and spilled chocolate etc.) when I knock up another masterpiece.

None of this stuff is calorie counted so consider your diet blown!

ReputationRep:
    Hot chocolate is one of my guilty pleasures, especially the festive white hot chocolate from Costa. I like it with extra white chocolate syrup and milk that is warm to the touch. At home, I enjoy a plethora of instant hot chocolates such as Cadbury's, Maltesers and Options, but I prefer to drink these with hot water. I pour the contents of the sachet into a mug and fill approximately 3/4 of the mug with hot water. I leave some of the powder untouched and then stir to create a thick and frothy consistency.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePricklyOne)

They love my creations but hate the mess (kitchen walls/surfaces splatter with cream and spilled chocolate etc.) when I knock up another masterpiece.

Sounds like me with all my creations! It's worth it for the joy it brings.
    What diet?

ReputationRep:
    Why has this great thread died down?

Are there any more hot chocolate enthusiasts out there?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePricklyOne)

^ that is shame
    Cleaning as you go might help if you don't do that already

(Original post by Technetium)
    Hot chocolate is one of my guilty pleasures, especially the festive white hot chocolate from Costa. I like it with extra white chocolate syrup and milk that is warm to the touch. At home, I enjoy a plethora of instant hot chocolates such as Cadbury's, Maltesers and Options, but I prefer to drink these with hot water. I pour the contents of the sachet into a mug and fill approximately 3/4 of the mug with hot water. I leave some of the powder untouched and then stir to create a thick and frothy consistency.
    Mmmm, but why's hot chocolate your guilty pleasure? :hugs: you can't feel guilty over hot chocolate! (its basically winter)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FantasticMsFox)
    Why has this great thread died down?

Are there any more hot chocolate enthusiasts out there?
    Sure, it is just not everyone who likes hot chocolate exists on TSR. That is why those can't reply here.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Shameless bump for (American) Chocolate Day. I am currently drinking a mango and raspberry hot chocolate.
    All milk with mostly white chocolate, dash of milk chocolate and a couple drops of food flavouring.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Shameless bump for (American) Chocolate Day. I am currently drinking a mango and raspberry hot chocolate.
    All milk with mostly white chocolate, dash of milk chocolate and a couple drops of food flavouring.
    OMG that sounds incredible.

I saw pumpkin pie irish cream alcohol at Aldi today. Was pretty tempted as I thought it would taste delicious in hot chocolate (in the end I bought cherry mulled wine maybe I could add that... :holmes: ). Hot chocolate with a little alcohol is nice. Bailey's, whisky, rum, but not vodka. :no:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    OMG that sounds incredible.

I saw pumpkin pie irish cream alcohol at Aldi today. Was pretty tempted as I thought it would taste delicious in hot chocolate (in the end I bought cherry mulled wine maybe I could add that... :holmes: ). Hot chocolate with a little alcohol is nice. Bailey's, whisky, rum, but not vodka. :no:
    Ooh that does sound like it could be good. Not sure about mulled wine, but wine and chocolate are meant to go well together right? So I guess it could be good.
    Nah. Vodka is more of a jelly thing
    Are you a whisky or scotch person? That could be good. And ameretto is good in milkshake so I reckon it's be good in hot chocolate too.

I got a bunch of food flavourings for cake icing once so I'm going to work my way through those flavours. I'm wondering how pear would go...
    Most of them kinda just taste like sweetness so probably the same as this one
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that does sound like it could be good. Not sure about mulled wine, but wine and chocolate are meant to go well together right? So I guess it could be good.
    Nah. Vodka is more of a jelly thing
    Are you a whisky or scotch person? That could be good. And ameretto is good in milkshake so I reckon it's be good in hot chocolate too.

I got a bunch of food flavourings for cake icing once so I'm going to work my way through those flavours. I'm wondering how pear would go...
    Most of them kinda just taste like sweetness so probably the same as this one
    It wasn't good. :no:

I tend to drink either; my current bottle is Dewar's white label, which I like a lot. People will probably tell me not to pour it into hot chocolate but :ahee: Amaretto hot chocolate sounds like a delicious idea! I've been meaning to buy some amaretto for a while as it tastes amazing mixed with sprite.

Not sure about the pear idea. :holmes: Report back once you've tried it!

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody tried this one?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't good. :no:

I tend to drink either; my current bottle is Dewar's white label, which I like a lot. People will probably tell me not to pour it into hot chocolate but :ahee: Amaretto hot chocolate sounds like a delicious idea! I've been meaning to buy some amaretto for a while as it tastes amazing mixed with sprite.

Not sure about the pear idea. :holmes: Report back once you've tried it!
    Tried pear and dark chocolate tonight (drinking it now). I added a bit too much chocolate, but the pear goes well. Gives a nice sweetness to the more bitter dark chocolate. Subtle enough that it's more of a before and after taste though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    EmilySarah00 :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    EmilySarah00 :giggle:
    Ah what a fabulous thread! :love:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    :yy:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    Ah what a fabulous thread! :love:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Tried pear and dark chocolate tonight (drinking it now). I added a bit too much chocolate, but the pear goes well. Gives a nice sweetness to the more bitter dark chocolate. Subtle enough that it's more of a before and after taste though.
    Do you have hot chocolate every night?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Do you have hot chocolate every night?
    I actually have it very rarely, but when I do I tend to binge it a little :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I like my hot chocolate with some bitterness to it. Most places sell it overly sweet so it's rare to come across bitter hot chocolate...

Strangely enough my best hot chocolate was at a Warwick open day... £2.40 for a small cup though :| worth the price but not student friendly

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    2:15am

The perfect time for a big mug of hot chocolate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.