Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls is this acceptable watch

Announcements

I am really good friends with a girl, however I hardly see her and when I do she is with her friends. Would it be ok to ask her out over FB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am really good friends with a girl, however I hardly see her and when I do she is with her friends. Would it be ok to ask her out over FB?
    Sounds quite tough, without actually being in your shoes. Ask her out in a playful way to an activity you'd both enjoy. If you ask her out while she is with her friends, she may act shy or creeped out, or may think you're brave. I think you should talk to her on Facebook, and slip in your invitation to an activity with her and if she says no just carry on with the conversation as if it never happened. Then after like a week of talking to her in real life (if you can) ask her out in person. Might be a bit hard, and I can definitely relate, but if she likes you she'll go out with you. Of course, assuming that you like her and don't want to ask her out on a friendly date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germanyisthebest)
    Sounds quite tough, without actually being in your shoes. Ask her out in a playful way to an activity you'd both enjoy. If you ask her out while she is with her friends, she may act shy or creeped out, or may think you're brave. I think you should talk to her on Facebook, and slip in your invitation to an activity with her and if she says no just carry on with the conversation as if it never happened. Then after like a week of talking to her in real life (if you can) ask her out in person. Might be a bit hard, and I can definitely relate, but if she likes you she'll go out with you. Of course, assuming that you like her and don't want to ask her out on a friendly date.
    Also, forgot to mention that I'm a male, if my response matters.

ReputationRep:
    Weird. Try speaking to her 1st.

ReputationRep:
    Do what the earlier dude said to do. If shes always with her friends, then if you have any other form of communication with her, in this case facebook, or if you have her number or something ask her out as friend just going out with each other. Afterwards when you get more comfortable with each other on the same day just be like 'Lets do this again'.

(Original post by Germanyisthebest)
    Also, forgot to mention that I'm a male, if my response matters.
    Thank you for your advice

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl. If she's someone who's pretty chilled, then I would say try at least.

It doesn't hurt to try! I mean, if she's always busy, this would probably be the most effective and easiest way to ask her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.