Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just sent my application for uni through UCAS for Oxford where I'm applying for Spanish and Russian. That is the statement I've put on UCAS, however the other unis I'm applying to are for Spanish and history and don't know if they accept a second personal statement.
    I know Durham do, but if anyone knows about UCL, LSE and Edinburgh that would be really great because I'm worried now that they won't take a second one and they'll have a statement for a different course, although my two statements aren't incredibly different
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by deity27)
    I've just sent my application for uni through UCAS for Oxford where I'm applying for Spanish and Russian. That is the statement I've put on UCAS, however the other unis I'm applying to are for Spanish and history and don't know if they accept a second personal statement.
    I know Durham do, but if anyone knows about UCL, LSE and Edinburgh that would be really great because I'm worried now that they won't take a second one and they'll have a statement for a different course, although my two statements aren't incredibly different
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...-to-apply/ucas
    Revising UCAS applications following submission
    1. UCL considers the information contained on an application as complete and accurate at the point of submission to UCAS. It is not anticipated that any amendments will be made to the personal statement, the reference or the grade predictions provided in the reference.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...al-Information
    It is Undergraduate Admissions policy to make decisions solely on the information presented on your UCAS application. Accordingly, we will not accept or consider examples of academic work, testimonials, additional personal statements or references, or other supporting documents that do not form part of your standard application submitted via UCAS.

https://www.stusysfaq.is.ed.ac.uk/es...desk/faqs.aspx
    If you are looking to add any missing qualification information to your application, you must email us with all missing information (please include your UCAS personal ID number) before the application deadline. Any information – including amended personal statements, academic references or updated qualification details – received before this deadline will be added to your application and considered alongside the original application.

So it looks like it might be fine for Edinburgh but UCL and LSE say nope.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! 😱😱 don't know what to do now
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you! 😱😱 don't know what to do now
    You could ring both UCL and LSE up on monday to ask whether a spanish & russian PS would put you at a major disadvantage for spanish & history.

If they say it's a surefire rejection then you can substitute your choices on Track for 7 days after applying (and for 7 days more by ringing UCAS).

If they say it's not great you can make a decision about how much you want to risk it - if you'd rather have a slim chance than apply elsehwere then leave your choices, if you weren't overly keen on studying in London anyway then you can substitute one or both.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok so I can change the choice. Thank
    You!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh ok so I can change the choice. Thank
    You!!
    Don't rush into it - speak to them both first - sometimes they'll be more sympathetic than you expect.

If you do want to substitute then again speak to potential other choices to make sure you aren't making the same mistake! You've got time to find alternatives you LOVE if substituting is what you want to do.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.