Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCAS offer but No official letter from the Univeristy Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    My name Is Mateusz and Yesterday I applied for Finance and Accounting at Warwick. at 3pm UCAS sent me an e-mail that my application has been sent to All of my unis. 3 hours later I received a notification via email that a university has given me an offer. After entering Track it turned out I got a Conditional offer for Warwick. However, I didn't get any official letters from Warwick whatsoever. Didn't even receive a letter that they are considering my application. This morning I received letters from all of my other 4 choices. Could Warwick make a mistake and Give me an offer by accident?

ReputationRep:
    I also received an offer from York 2 days ago. I got a UCAS confirmation first and then the next day a letter from York by email saying that they have accepted me.
    Perhaps wait a few days and see if you receive anything in your mailbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    I also received an offer from York 2 days ago. I got a UCAS confirmation first and then the next day a letter from York by email saying that they have accepted me.
    Perhaps wait a few days and see if you receive anything in your mailbox.
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmateusz)
    Hi,
    My name Is Mateusz and Yesterday I applied for Finance and Accounting at Warwick. at 3pm UCAS sent me an e-mail that my application has been sent to All of my unis. 3 hours later I received a notification via email that a university has given me an offer. After entering Track it turned out I got a Conditional offer for Warwick. However, I didn't get any official letters from Warwick whatsoever. Didn't even receive a letter that they are considering my application. This morning I received letters from all of my other 4 choices. Could Warwick make a mistake and Give me an offer by accident?
    Not everyone sends a letter out... think of the paper wastage! Why would you need a letter?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Not everyone sends a letter out... think of the paper wastage! Why would you need a letter?!
    oh I just meant an email ... I never got any direct emails from Warwick... just an offer on Ucas...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    oh I just meant an email ... I never got any direct emails from Warwick... just an offer on Ucas...
    Not everyone sends an email, either. It's only an offer, after all. The whole point of UCAS is to centralise the applications process.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! You got the offer so quickly that they didn't even have time to send you an acknowledgement email.

Also, I didn't get any email from Warwick until a few weeks after I got my offer, so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone sends an email, either. It's only an offer, after all. The whole point of UCAS is to centralise the applications process.
    the thing is that I never got any emails at all. Not even an email saying that they received my application. I got emails like that from all 4 other unis.Furthermore, the offer was made just 3 hours after UCAS sent me an email that my application was processed..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    the thing is that I never got any emails at all. Not even an email saying that they received my application. I got emails like that from all 4 other unis.Furthermore, the offer was made just 3 hours after UCAS sent me an email that my application was processed..
    You probably won't receive one, either. There's no need for them to send one out; that's what UCAS is for. An offer is binding, it's not just "a mistake".
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    Congratulations! You got the offer so quickly that they didn't even have time to send you an acknowledgement email.

Also, I didn't get any email from Warwick until a few weeks after I got my offer, so don't worry.
    Oh, maybe its not a mistake then. I am really stressing over this though, probably will call them monday to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    You probably won't receive one, either. There's no need for them to send one out; that's what UCAS is for. An offer is binding, it's not just "a mistake".
    Okay, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.