Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Failure is not to try (GYG) Watch

ReputationRep:
    19/10/2017

AM: So today's gonna be pretty action packed. Going into Glasgow, gonna grab a bite to eat and have a look at some prom dresses . I've already found some really pretty ones, and my dream one that I realllllyyy want, but it's online , so not ideal. It's super early I know!! Just gonna have a look at some styles and colours but I really like grey and am looking for something not too blingy. Quite a few people in my year have already got their dresses.
    I'm just gonna have a look no buying for me today I think. Should be a good day out.

Name:  dress.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  137.2 KB

PM: I've picked out some chemistry past papers do do tomorrow and done some maths notes on differentiation and will finish them off tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    19/10/2017

AM: So today's gonna be pretty action packed. Going into Glasgow, gonna grab a bite to eat and have a look at some prom dresses . I've already found some really pretty ones, and my dream one that I realllllyyy want, but it's online , so not ideal. It's super early I know!! Just gonna have a look at some styles and colours but I really like grey and am looking for something not too blingy. Quite a few people in my year have already got their dresses.
    I'm just gonna have a look no buying for me today I think. Should be a good day out.

Then when I'm home I'm gonna do some chemistry past paper questions and redo some maths notes. Will update later Attachment 696944
    You have a prom at the end of yr 13???? Oooo that's cool, what did you do at the end of yr 11 then? Or does the Scottish system not work the same as the Welsh/English system?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle1718)
    You have a prom at the end of yr 13???? Oooo that's cool, what did you do at the end of yr 11 then? Or does the Scottish system not work the same as the Welsh/English system?

I'm not sure but I'm in s6 so it's my final school year

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I'm in s6 so it's my final school year
    Oh, I'm having a dinner dance at the end of this school year and at the end of GCSEs was when I had my prom. Also THAT DRESS IS SO PRETTY!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle1718)
    Oh, I'm having a dinner dance at the end of this school year and at the end of GCSEs was when I had my prom. Also THAT DRESS IS SO PRETTY!!!
    Aw okay x And I know right!! Don't think that's the one for me though

ReputationRep:

So I've got a motivation/happiness jar and I thought I'd share my daily quotes I pull out everyday starting today

ReputationRep:

Name:  quote.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  78.9 KB

ReputationRep:

Tip 7

Youtube is a great resource. For example for chemistry I watch Professor Daves lessons and watch online tutorial for Visual Basics coding. Many people on youtube post helpful videos, it's essentially online tutoring!

ReputationRep:
    20/10/2017

AM - So today me and my little sister are going to visit my great grandpa and have lunch together so that should be good fun, it's always a laugh over there!

I'm going to continue my maths notes today that I began last night and then maybe start my ink exercise homework for maths. Bit boring but has to be done.

Name:  photo (4).jpg
Views: 42
Size:  499.1 KB

Thoughts: I'm feeling pretty good today, not been as stressed this week since i've not been at school (currently battling anxiety and stress that's pretty bad, it's making me ill). Currently cannot get JP Cooper She's on my mind out of my head, it's soo good! My feelgood tune for this week, have a listen!

PM - So I started the maths ink exercise.. It's horrible I've not managed to do much of it the questions are pretty hard, but luckily I'm back at school Monday and it's due Wednesday so I can ask for some help. But on the plus, I organised my notes and printed a bunch of study printables

ReputationRep:
    21/10/2017

Pretty excited today, going to the last university open day on my list..Abertay! One of my top choices Planning on going to the Biomedical Science talk and demo so should be fun.

When I get back I'm probably going to finish the chemistry past paper questions I did yesterday and do some more of my maths homework..will probs just end up lying in bed.

Goals : - Finish chemistry unit 1 past paper questions
    - Make more progress on maths ink exercise
    - Finish organising and finding printables
    - Do biology textbook questions on evolution

ReputationRep:
    Name:  QUOTE 2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  108.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    23/10/2017

So back at school this week, i's been so busy. Did some computing notes last night.

Goals tonight :
    - Maths homework
    - Chemistry homework
    - Have a bath

ReputationRep:
    24/10/2017
    So, I've been a bit lazy with the blog. Just being back at school has been chaotic. I've done some notes for biology today on membranes in my free periods. I'm home and doing some chemistry calculations and maths questions on triangles.

ReputationRep:
    25/10/2017

So today I sold some tickets for the first year Halloween dance that's being orgainsed for Friday, and mine is tomorrow night, so excited! Got a good costume that I'm making. Been pretty stressed this week, a lot of homework. Got maths and chemistry tutor tomorrow so hopefully I can get a lot done before the dance and then it'll be studying for my biology test on Friday.
    So stressed aghh!

ReputationRep:

Attachment 695906

Tip 2
    This is an example of my study plan. I'd highly advise if you want to do well in exams then make a study timetable or at least plan your time. Be realistic with time , don't say you'll spend 2 hours studying and then do homework if you go to an after school club til late. Try to change it up monthly focusing on specific subjects, for example in October you might be spending 2 hours a night doing chemistry because you don't understand it however in November you may understand it and only want to spend an hour. Try to make sure you study all subject no matter how confident you are in one or the other. Try to section of times for a subject or even a day. Remember to have a day off and take breaks in between studying hours. Try to make it effective , however if you don't get round to doing an hour of history and can only do half an hour, or you were so tired you just didn't do it , that's okay just be sure not to fall into a trap and make it a weekly trend. I'd love to see your study plans to see what they're like compared to mine

you have some really useful tips so thank you for this i love the quotes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    you have some really useful tips so thank you for this i love the quotes!
    Thank you Hopefully I'll be able to post some more tips and quotes this week!

ReputationRep:
    27/10/2017

So, this week has been heavy stressful! I've been organising a first year halloween dance for S1's for my school and it happened today and went pretty well , we raised quite a bit of money. My halloween dance was last night , I dressed up as Elliot from E.T! It was such a good night although a lot of drama happened. So today's not been a great day. Due to all the drama at the dance last night our next ones been cancelled. Also I got pretty upset cos my biology teacher made me fell like crap. On the plus however I have done quite a bit of studying for my biology tests , one of which was today and I think went pretty well. Hopefully this weekend I can be a bit more productive and also upsate this blog a bit more.

ReputationRep:

Name:  WIN_20171030_17_10_04_Pro.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  86.2 KB
    30/10/2017

Back in the game this week! Today I'm doing some chemistry studying, it's all on calculations so I'm just practicing different types of questions that could come up and then the plans to do some past paper questions on the beginning of unit 3

ReputationRep:

Tip 8

Oganisation is key! Make a to do list. It really helps, you can find of to do list printables online. It keeps you on your toes and means you know what you need to do

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 26
Size:  373.0 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.