Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Failure is not to try (GYG) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dealing with stress

• Find a hobby to relax and do something you love.
    • Try meditation and/or mindfulness.
    • Do some exercise.
    • Listen to some music.
    • Take up something new.
    • Have a bath.
    • Read a book.
    • Watch a movie.
    • Try Controlled breathing.

ReputationRep:
    this blog looks great so far! i love all of your study tips here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessglasgow)
    this blog looks great so far! i love all of your study tips here
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    01/11/2017

Update for yesterday. So yesterday I walked about 5 miles to de-stress. Was a pretty bad day yesterday, my biology teacher who I've been having problems with put in a cause for concern because I'm not studying enough and not putting in enough effort. I disagree with this and went straight to my depute head, but whether anything will be done is a different story. I caught up on my maths exercise on logs and exponentials, I completed a bunch of chemistry calculations for my test on Friday and also wrote up some Biology notes plus finished my computing notes.

Today in my free periods I done some studying for my biology test. It's been a bad day again today I've been told I'm not allowed to move biology class and that I'm not doing well in chemistry plus I have a chemistry test on Friday. I'm feeling so stressed out right now 😱 Tonight I'm going to re~organise my study plan and get on top of things, well attempt to get on top of it. Also having a massive workout tonight too!

ReputationRep:

Tip 9

Healthy body, healthy mind. Eat healthy and exercise and get enough sleep, It does make a difference!

ReputationRep:

Name:  pomodoro.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  132.2 KB

Tip 10

The Pomodoro Technique can be really helpful when studying, It means you don't over work but also you have a target for how long to work for and at the end you deserve a break

ReputationRep:
    Name:  quote1.png
Views: 15
Size:  9.6 KB
    02/11/2017

So more chemistry studying today Got a test on calculations tomorrow so I'm just doing a tonne of practice. Got my study playlist playing in the background Then I've got to catch up on logs for maths so It's bound to be a pretty boring night. Zzzz

Attachment 700932

ReputationRep:
    I love that you give tips on your blog! Loving the photos too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    I love that you give tips on your blog! Loving the photos too
    Merci

ReputationRep:
    rhegggg Hiya recently found out according the ucas tarrif Scottish Highers are equivalent to AS Levels

ReputationRep:
    Wow, your blog is so amazing compared to mine XD, good luck in you work xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)
    Wow, your blog is so amazing compared to mine XD, good luck in you work xxx
    Aw thank you! I'm sure your blogs great too, if you send me the link I'll check it out

ReputationRep:

Name:  guilt.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  138.4 KB
    03/11/2017

So my day was a bit better at school today, spoke to one of my teachers and better clarified things.
    'Rise above it'
    I was told multiple times, so I guess that's what I need to do!
    Got volunteering tomorrow morning though I'm going to make a new study plan. I think I'll be diving straight back into past papers. For some of my classes I got told My target and working grades so I'm pretty happy seeing as I've only 1 more subject to find out from but the subjects I've seen show my targets for this year as ABB and I'm more than delighted with this, just hoping the targets good for chemistry, though I'm struggling so much with it

ReputationRep:
    04/11/2017

So this morning I've done my volunteering. I started some Biology notes last night and aim to finish them today, just units 1.1 - 1.4. My targets for this weekend is to completer those notes, start past papers for each subject, copy in log notes and do log questions.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread! Now watching it so I can follow your journey

ReputationRep:
    madtinggg
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Great blog. Don't know much about scottish education system but from what I can see, it is deffo challenging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Great blog. Don't know much about scottish education system but from what I can see, it is deffo challenging.
    Thanks glad you like it ! I know it's pretty weird compared to the rest of the UK's exams.

ReputationRep:
    06/11/2017

So In my free periods today I done some more chemistry notes. I'm going to have a look at my Maths homework and attempt some questions. I'll also probably write some maths notes. I'm just quite tired today and feel like procrastinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    Aw thank you! I'm sure your blogs great too, if you send me the link I'll check it out
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post74491274 <-- here it is , I look forward to continuing to read yours x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.