Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my instructor takes too long to explain every thing, is it worth bring it up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Had quite a few driving lessons but been thinking this for a while that my instructor takes ages to explain everything for instance some weeks ago they took around 15mins to explain emergency stops which seems a bit long before letting me have a go. Also the recap from the previous lessons can go on as long as 15-20 mins .

I really don't want to offend them as they are a really person and never cut short I normally get 5-10 mins more then I pay for. But being pulled up on the side of the road for ages is annoying.

Is it worth bringing it up or should I simply be thankful that it's only concern I have regarding them?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_B_N.)
    Had quite a few driving lessons but been thinking this for a while that my instructor takes ages to explain everything for instance some weeks ago they took around 15mins to explain emergency stops which seems a bit long before letting me have a go. Also the recap from the previous lessons can go on as long as 15-20 mins .

I really don't want to offend them as they are a really person and never cut short I normally get 5-10 mins more then I pay for. But being pulled up on the side of the road for ages is annoying.

Is it worth bringing it up or should I simply be thankful that it's only concern I have regarding them?
    Yeah, that's way too long to be held just to talk... It sounds like the instructor just wants the money really. Is this every lesson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Yeah, that's way too long to be held just to talk... It sounds like the instructor just wants the money really. Is this every lesson?
    Agreed. Definitely bring it up, because he, as a driving instructor, won't stop letting you take lessons due to the money and difficulty instructors have finding students.

If he doesn't fix the problem in the next lesson or so, then tell him again, and if he continues, just find a different driving instructor, as he'll likely be doing it purposefully for additional money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    To be fair I've had a few instructors and they aren't one of the bad, I know what those ones are like.

I can't remember a time when the recap was much shorter than 10 mins. But I normally have a few points I want to bring up so it perhaps it's understandable as half the time is spent discussing them.

The thing that I find most annoying is for one reason or another they simply take ages to explain where I've gone wrong. Say I've made a few mistakes and we need to pull up so they can be covered that can drag on for ages as long as 15mins. To the point I start to zone out.

To be honest I think I need to mention it as changing instructor isn't something I want to do as this one is far better then the two instructors I had before. This being my 1 and only problem with there teaching.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.