Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi... I'll get straight into it. I'm now on a gap year and reapplying to med. I got an offer from kcl for biomedicine last year and I deferred that until 2018. At the time I deferred it I was not aware that you can either keep your deferred unconditional offer OR reapply and not both. I'm applying through the sixth form I attended and I have been emailing my teacher who only happened to have sent my ucas application today. Then I recieve an email from ucas saying that I have to cancel my unconditional offer or my application will not be considered. I would actually cancel my unconditional offer at kcl but today is friday and the deadline for med application is after tomorrow sunday. I have sent both kcl and ucas emails telling them about the situation but obviously my offer would only be cancelled on monday earliest so past the deadline. What do I do? Is that it if I missed the deadline?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    Hi... I'll get straight into it. I'm now on a gap year and reapplying to med. I got an offer from kcl for biomedicine last year and I deferred that until 2018. At the time I deferred it I was not aware that you can either keep your deferred unconditional offer OR reapply and not both. I'm applying through the sixth form I attended and I have been emailing my teacher who only happened to have sent my ucas application today. Then I recieve an email from ucas saying that I have to cancel my unconditional offer or my application will not be considered. I would actually cancel my unconditional offer at kcl but today is friday and the deadline for med application is after tomorrow sunday. I have sent both kcl and ucas emails telling them about the situation but obviously my offer would only be cancelled on monday earliest so past the deadline. What do I do? Is that it if I missed the deadline?
    What happens if you try and cancel your old application on track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    What happens if you try and cancel your old application on track?
    Thing is the email I got from ucas says I should inform them that I cancelled my place meaning I should call them up or email them after I cancel my place and it's unlikely they process my email tomorrow or sunday. I just logged on Track and can't figure out how to cancel it. You can't call ucas up on saturdays, can you?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    Thing is the email I got from ucas says I should inform them that I cancelled my place meaning I should call them up or email them after I cancel my place and it's unlikely they process my email tomorrow or sunday. I just logged on Track and can't figure out how to cancel it. You can't call ucas up on saturdays, can you?
    I think UCAS is closed on Saturdays this time of year.

ReputationRep:
    @&Hope

Check this out in the main UCAS page -

Customer Experience Centre availability: 14 – 15 October
    To ensure we're here to support you, we’re open this weekend for the 15 October UCAS Undergraduate deadline:
    • Saturday 14 October, 09:00 – 14:00 (UK time)
    • Sunday 15 October, 10:00 – 18:00 (UK time)

Not sure about kcl though as the website (https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ontact-us.aspx) says :-

Due to staff training, the Undergraduate Admissions team will be unavailable until 10:30am on Monday 16th October.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.