Anyone take AQA A-level History? Watch

CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What course are you taking? Mine is Nazi Germany, 1918-1945 and Stuarts, 1603-1702
Ellie_sb1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Russia and Tudors
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an A* in Russia and Tudors this year.
IntrovertPizza
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not AQA but I'm guessing we all have similar subjects. Mine are China, Russia and Tudors lol
CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
IntrovertPizza GovernmentEarner Ellie_sb1 why is it everyone that I talk to is doing Russia and Tudors :0 wish I got to do Russia too tbh, did Germany for GCSE too. GovernmentEarner well done on your A*, got any secrets to spill?
IntrovertPizza
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
@CinnamonSmol honestly I have no idea! I would have preferred to do Germany rather than Tudors though.

Also @GovernmentEarner teach me your secrets omg
sammychu00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CinnamonSmol)
What course are you taking? Mine is Nazi Germany, 1918-1945 and Stuarts, 1603-1702
I don't study Nazi Germany, but I study the Stuarts.

If you've started studying the Stuarts please can you answer my question - Was the Divine Right of Kings the same thing as the Royal Prerogative or was the Prerogative derived from the idea of Divine Rights?

Thank you
Sid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nazis and Tudors - probably the worst combination 0_0
Wikia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tudors / America from 1945 - 1980
CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by sammychu00)
I don't study Nazi Germany, but I study the Stuarts.

If you've started studying the Stuarts please can you answer my question - Was the Divine Right of Kings the same thing as the Royal Prerogative or was the Prerogative derived from the idea of Divine Rights?

Thank you
you probably shouldn't completely take my word on this but, I believe that Royal Prerogative was the right that the King (or Queen) had the right to do as they wish/set laws as they pleased due to their status. Divine Rights was the idea that due to being seen as 'God's anointed' the Royal did not have to answer to anyone but God.

How are you finding Stuarts?
sturdy swifter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AQA A Level History - Stuart Britain and The French Revolution
sammychu00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you probably shouldn't completely take my word on this but, I believe that Royal Prerogative was the right that the King (or Queen) had the right to do as they wish/set laws as they pleased due to their status. Divine Rights was the idea that due to being seen as 'God's anointed' the Royal did not have to answer to anyone but God.

How are you finding Stuarts?
I don't think it's too bad. I found it quite boring at first because I wanted to do the Tudors, but the Stuarts are actually just as interesting. What about you?
CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
I don't think it's too bad. I found it quite boring at first because I wanted to do the Tudors, but the Stuarts are actually just as interesting. What about you?
At the moment I dont really like it that much but thats because my teacher hasn't been here for 3 of the weeks, but generally her teaching consists of her own opinions so it's a bit hard to grasp but my textbook has came so hopefully itll be easier
sammychu00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At the moment I dont really like it that much but thats because my teacher hasn't been here for 3 of the weeks, but generally her teaching consists of her own opinions so it's a bit hard to grasp but my textbook has came so hopefully itll be easier
If you can get the book Stuart England by Angus Stroud, it's really helpful and it's quite easy to understand too.
SmileyFaces1/
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing Tarist-Communist Russia which is really interesting, and The Making of Modern Britain, which is basically all politics and economics. Luckily, I got into politics at the end of year 12, but I feel really bad for those that find politics uninteresting because it just doesn't fee like history.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SmileyFaces1/)
The Making of Modern Britain, which is basically all politics and economics. Luckily, I got into politics at the end of year 12, but I feel really bad for those that find politics uninteresting because it just doesn't fee like history.
lol this, felt like i was doing an economics course half the time

good luck to everyone doing this course :grouphugs:
milktea_xox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wikia)
Tudors / America from 1945 - 1980
Same! How're you finding it?
CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
If you can get the book Stuart England by Angus Stroud, it's really helpful and it's quite easy to understand too.
Oh right, for further reading?
Wikia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by milktea_xox)
Same! How're you finding it?
I'm in year 13 now! Came out with an A at AS, 40/40 on the America paper and 30/40 on the Tudor paper (I flopped...) I love both modules though, really couldn't have got a better combination as they're both hella interesting.

Good luck, it really is probably the two most exciting time periods to be studying.
milktea_xox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wikia)
I'm in year 13 now! Came out with an A at AS, 40/40 on the America paper and 30/40 on the Tudor paper (I flopped...) I love both modules though, really couldn't have got a better combination as they're both hella interesting.

Good luck, it really is probably the two most exciting time periods to be studying.
As am I! And I completely agree, it's a really good combination as they're so different in terms of factors and therefore you don't get overwhelmed
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads