Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milktea_xox)
    As am I! And I completely agree, it's a really good combination as they're so different in terms of factors and therefore you don't get overwhelmed
    What are you planning on studying at university? I messed up my AS grades and only came out with ABC, it's not bad but I was hoping for better haha. Looking at History at Lancaster atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    Oh right, for further reading?
    No we use it as a textbook at school because it goes into a good amount of detail, but it isn't too dry if you know what I mean.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammychu00)
    No we use it as a textbook at school because it goes into a good amount of detail, but it isn't too dry if you know what I mean.
    oooh okay, thanks I'll check it out! The one I'm using is by Angela Anderson, even though it's AQA approved its a waaay too wordy but oh well, hopefully your recommendation will be much more easier to actually understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    oooh okay, thanks I'll check it out! The one I'm using is by Angela Anderson, even though it's AQA approved its a waaay too wordy but oh well, hopefully your recommendation will be much more easier to actually understand
    Yeah, I use that book too but I don't like it. I find it too difficult to understand :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Bit late to the party but I’m in Year 13 doing Tudors and Russia. I am in desperate need of some help with my Tudor paper in terms of exam technique and structure. I can remember the content no problem but this doesn’t seem to be translating into my practice questions. I think it’s to do with having not handled secondary sources but I kind of hoped to have come to terms with it a year in now
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammychu00)
    I don't study Nazi Germany, but I study the Stuarts.

If you've started studying the Stuarts please can you answer my question - Was the Divine Right of Kings the same thing as the Royal Prerogative or was the Prerogative derived from the idea of Divine Rights?

Thank you
    I do Stuarts, and my understanding has always been that the Divine Right relates to a monarch's God-given right to rule. The royal prerogative is slightly different, it's the rights a monarch can expect to have because they are king/queen (e.g. prior to the civil war, control over foreign affairs, right to call and dissolve parliament, etc are all part of the royal prerogative). Hope that helps

For the original poster, I do Stuarts and the French Revolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteto)
    Bit late to the party but I’m in Year 13 doing Tudors and Russia. I am in desperate need of some help with my Tudor paper in terms of exam technique and structure. I can remember the content no problem but this doesn’t seem to be translating into my practice questions. I think it’s to do with having not handled secondary sources but I kind of hoped to have come to terms with it a year in now
    I got an A* (full marks) in Russia and Tudors this year. What part of the exam technique/structure are you struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    I got an A* (full marks) in Russia and Tudors this year. What part of the exam technique/structure are you struggling with?
    My Tudor essays, both the extract and essay questions just read like a narrative. I find Russia so easy to weave my own knowledge in and analyse it but because the nature of the Tudor period is so different I think I’m trying to use the same approach and it isn’t working. There’s barely any example answers that I can use to help find a structure and style.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.