Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lately I've just been feeling so down, like nothing makes me happy. I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed with everything. I just don't know what to do. I feel like life is just too much rn and I can't deal with it. I don't want to talk to people cuz I feel like a burden.
    I just don't know what to do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Mental Health to hopefully get some relevant responses

Are you at school and feeling stressed about the workload of the new academic year, or home life or socially or...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lately I've just been feeling so down, like nothing makes me happy. I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed with everything. I just don't know what to do. I feel like life is just too much rn and I can't deal with it. I don't want to talk to people cuz I feel like a burden.
    I dunno what happened to you bro... but frankly - i can relate. I always feel depressed because of my messed up voice box T^T
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. You might like to look at some sites like mind.org and sane.org for some info and advice. You could also see if you school/ college/ uni can help you get some counselling (they usually have a free service for students).

You are not a burden, I can promise you that. What you need to do is work on making yourself believe that and that's where counselling and possibly having a chat with your GP comes in.

Try to remind yourself of good things that happen when you put yourself out there a bit too. Some people find it helps to keep a diary of good interactions they've had or times they've been proud of themselves.
    I am willing to bet that people like you and appreciate being with you a lot more than you believe so try to help yourself see that and keep reminding yourself of that.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    What is it that’s making you feel like this? Have you talked to someone about this? Family member? Friend? Doctor? Counsellor? Teacher? If not, then I suggest you find someone to talk to. Alternatively, you can contact the Samaritans. You need to gather the courage to tell someone so that you can get help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.