Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need some advice..
    About a year ago I was 'talking' with a girl after recently breaking up with someone and we were getting really close.. she kept asking about a relationship but in the end I said I didn't want one at that time so we decided to keep friends. Then I ended up getting back with my ex who I've been with the past year. This other girl sometimes tries to talk and my girlfriend gets reallyyyy jealous about it because she saw me and her when we were 'talking'... anyway, this other girl now has a boyfriend who she's been dating about 6 months.. she's always talking about him to everyone and posting pics of him but I have found out that he's trying to talk to the new first year girls, telling at least 2 or 3 of them that he is single when I know they're together.

Should I tell her? Or is this none of my business?Shes a really nice girl and I know that if my girlfriend was telling guys she's single I'd want someone to let me know.. But I don't want to be intruding and theres the chance that talking to her again will make my current gf very jealous..
    At the same time I don't want to know about it and not do anything - it seems wrong.. is it?
    What would y'all do?

Tell her but just be distant about it. If you truly don't have feelings for this other girl then reassure your GF of that. But also, just ask your girlfriend what she thinks. Including her will let her know that you mean this platonically.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Multifaceted)
      Tell her but just be distant about it. If you truly don't have feelings for this other girl then reassure your GF of that. But also, just ask your girlfriend what she thinks. Including her will let her know that you mean this platonically.
      ty for the advice, how should I go about telling my gf though, since she'll then get mad just for the fact I have any information on her and start asking where I found it out who told me why I want to tell her etc.

(Original post by Anonymous)
        ty for the advice, how should I go about telling my gf though, since she'll then get mad just for the fact I have any information on her and start asking where I found it out who told me why I want to tell her etc.
        Then be honest about the answers to her questions. What's there to hide, right?
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.