Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling to start new semester off with work load demand watch

Hi there,

In a nutshell I am a second year policing student in the North of England. I have six modules worth of work to do to ready me for my placement with the police in January on top of my 35 online modules for E- Learning for the police. On top of 16 hrs a week of work.

Most of my essays are 2500-3000 word essays but the problem I am having is that I am struggling to find any motivation to want to be enthusiastic about my academic work. I have achieved some really good results (avg 68% so 2:1) but that`s down to having less modules and worries last year.

I have been told by tutors and course leaders that I am more than capable of completing the work, which I know I can but I have little desire to want to start the work. Even after completing 1/4 of my first essay I received feedback saying I was not answering the question as I have gone too far into the social aspect issues. So I am going to have to rewrite most of that paragraph.

My main concern is that I will end up not putting my full potential into the work and coming out with less than desired results. This happened a few years back at another University where I had to leave early but finished the first year due with an average of 45%. This was due to my own mental health.

Can anyone advise on what you`d deem best to restore faith in actually completing this semester with decent results (by decent 2:1 or above) or send links to sites that may help.

Many thanks.

bump-

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.