Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

V1284 - Foreign Spending (2%) (Amendment) Bill 2017 Watch

• View Poll Results: Should this bill be passed into law?
    As many are of the opinion, Aye
    51.16%
    On the contrary, No
    34.88%
    Abstain
    13.95%

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    Clearly you’ve forgotten how you won the freedom you have today.
    Meaning? I'm not sure which part of history or indeed "freedom" you're referring to...:confused:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    This bill isn't amending the minimum for foreign aid spending it's amending the minimum for defence spending and changing GNI to GDP. Not quite sure why you brought it up, don't know if you're trying to prove a point, like there's any point to prove... It is relevant, but what isn't is you talking about foreign aid spending - so how about you don't bring that up then - because that's not relevant to what is being amended.
    I brought it up because there are those who want to threaten our aid obligations and the LotO's steadiest opposition to those attempts would be very useful in stopping them, duh.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I brought it up because there are those who want to threaten our aid obligations and the LotO's steadiest opposition to those attempts would be very useful in stopping them, duh.
    Dunno who you duh'in but you could have said that first aye?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Dunno who you duh'in but you could have said that first aye?
    Reading what I said in the context it is in without manipulating what I said people would be able to realise I was saying the Leader of the Opposition should support maintaining the 0.7% aid target. Because that's literally what I said.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Yes. I know.

In case you don't remember I support the abolition of the military.
    That's quite a malevolent view. You sir are delauded
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    That's quite a malevolent view. You sir are delauded
    Very welcome.:hat2:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    NAY. We should be investing more intimate our police and our NHS rather than a force that kills people. Not that I’m against the army, just I feel that killing where diplomacy could be used is foolish, which unfortunately happens quite a lot.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalail)
    NAY. We should be investing more intimate our police and our NHS rather than a force that kills people. Not that I’m against the army, just I feel that killing where diplomacy could be used is foolish, which unfortunately happens quite a lot.
    This isn't going to increase defence spending so I'm not quite sure what your qualm is here.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    One postal vote (Aye) was added for Seat 26.

Order!
    The Ayes to the right, 22.
    The Noes to the left, 15.
    Abstentions, 6.

I think the Ayes have it! The Ayes have it! Unlock!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.