Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    B1288 - Useful Prisoner Bill 2017, TSR Ukip
    A
    BILL
    TO
    Make inmates Contribute to Society to Correct the Damage They Have Caused

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1) Definitions
    Inmates refer to prisoners in a prison.
    Stem cells refer to undifferentiated cells of a multicellular organism that are capable of giving rise to indefinitely more cells of the same type, and from which certain other kinds of cell arise by differentiation.
    Non-essential organs refer to organs of the human body that are not needed to survive or maintain a generally normal life.

2) Useful prisoners
    (1) HM Government reserves the right to--
    Extract blood from inmates sentenced to a period of over one month in prison;
    Extract stem cells and non-essential organs from inmates sentenced to a period of over five years in prison;
    Extract any part of the body from inmates who die in prison;
    Perform or authorise experiments on inmates sentenced to a period of over 20 years in prison;
    Require inmates to work without being paid;
    Require healthy and able-bodied females to be surrogate mothers; and
    Require female inmates to provide services to clients to fund prison operations.
    (2) The extracted blood, stem cells, and organs shall be donated to the NHS, or in the event of an excess supply, be auctioned to the highest bidder.

3) Repeals
    The Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations 2004 shall no longer apply in prisons.
    Part 2 of the Policing and Crime Act 2009 shall no longer apply in prisons.
    Sections 51A to 56 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 shall no longer apply in prisons.
    The Human Rights Act 1998 shall no longer apply in prisons.

4) Short title, commencement and extent
    (1) This Act may be cited as the Useful Prisoner Act 2017.
    (2) This Act comes into effect 30 days after Royal Assent.
    (3) This Act extends to the entirety of the United Kingdom.

Notes

Criminals cause harm and damage to society, so why not have them correct the damage and harm they have done by contributing to society once again? This bill ensures that criminals don’t just sit in prison and waste taxpayer money, but that taxpayer money is being spent on prisons for the greater good. This bill also ensures that prisons have more funds for their operations without having to rely solely on taxpayer money, and could also provide more government revenue. Clearly, this bill is very beneficial to society, so MPs should definitely vote in favour of this.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Require female inmates to provide services to clients to fund prison operations.

Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting? That list just gets worse as you go down it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I’m sure that the mods took down a bill like this before.
    We are not forcing women into sex slavery.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Why when I saw the phrase "useful prisoner" did I know that this would be a UKIP bill?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    B1288 - Useful Prisoner Bill 2017, TSR Ukip
    A
    BILL
    TO
    Make inmates Contribute to Society to Correct the Damage They Have Caused

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1) Definitions
    Inmates refer to prisoners in a prison.
    Stem cells refer to undifferentiated cells of a multicellular organism that are capable of giving rise to indefinitely more cells of the same type, and from which certain other kinds of cell arise by differentiation.
    Non-essential organs refer to organs of the human body that are not needed to survive or maintain a generally normal life.

2) Useful prisoners
    (1) HM Government reserves the right to--
    Extract blood from inmates sentenced to a period of over one month in prison;
    Extract stem cells and non-essential organs from inmates sentenced to a period of over five years in prison;
    Extract any part of the body from inmates who die in prison;
    Perform or authorise experiments on inmates sentenced to a period of over 20 years in prison;
    (2) The extracted blood, stem cells, and organs shall be donated to the NHS, or in the event of an excess supply, be auctioned to the highest bidder.

3) Repeals
    The Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations 2004 shall no longer apply in prisons.
    Part 2 of the Policing and Crime Act 2009 shall no longer apply in prisons.
    Sections 51A to 56 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 shall no longer apply in prisons.
    The Human Rights Act 1998 shall no longer apply in prisons.

4) Short title, commencement and extent
    (1) This Act may be cited as the Useful Prisoner Act 2017.
    (2) This Act comes into effect 30 days after Royal Assent.
    (3) This Act extends to the entirety of the United Kingdom.

Notes

Criminals cause harm and damage to society, so why not have them correct the damage and harm they have done by contributing to society once again? This bill ensures that criminals don’t just sit in prison and waste taxpayer money, but that taxpayer money is being spent on prisons for the greater good. This bill also ensures that prisons have more funds for their operations without having to rely solely on taxpayer money, and could also provide more government revenue. Clearly, this bill is very beneficial to society, so MPs should definitely vote in favour of this.
    Do you really not have anything else to do with your time than post inflammatory and disgusting things in a pretend parliament? Wasn't it you who posted about legalising having sex with animals and corpses? You really should be banned from here, you're sick. How on Earth are you a TSR community assistant when you post stuff like this?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Do you really not have anything else to do with your time than post inflammatory and disgusting things in a pretend parliament? Wasn't it you who posted about legalising having sex with animals and corpses? You really should be banned from here, you're sick. How on Earth are you a TSR community assistant when you post stuff like this?
    This section of the forum is a model house of commons and rakas is the speaker. He posts bills from every party. It doesn't mean he necessarily approves of them.

Edit: And no, we have nothing better to do than play at being a pretend parliament and debate interesting topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    This section of the forum is a model house of commons and rakas is the speaker. He posts bills from every party. It doesn't mean he necessarily approves of them.
    He's still advertising them and giving them space. Why does TSR want to be represented like this and why do they allow this type of content at all? I know this a model but the content is still just as bad. You wouldn't get away with this on other forums, especially not one for students. If this content is going to be on TSR then at the very least it should only be accessible by actively going into the model House of Commons forum, it shouldn't be displayed on the homepage for everyone to see.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Had a good chuckle at this. I am the speaker, it's my job to post bills on a daily basis regardless of whether i agree with them or not. For the record, i allowed this simply because it the way it is worded is not explicit in a manner would breach TSR rules even if the idea may or may not be considered abhorrent in itself. I'm also generally a pro-ponent of free speech.

If you dislike the bill then please raise these objection with the author of the bill (Uknown Uzer) and feel free to vote it down.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    He's still advertising them and giving them space. Why does TSR want to be represented like this and why do they allow this type of content at all? I know this a model but the content is still just as bad. You wouldn't get away with this on other forums, especially not one for students.
    Rakas has to post people's bills. It's part of his role.

I can't really speak on behalf of TSR but this section of the forum isn't really much different from any other part of the debate forum. It's simply a more structured format for debate.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    ...And UKIP are back.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting? That list just gets worse as you go down it.
    Since you've been gone a while you may wish to check out some other Kipper bills, namely the ones related to hard eugenics.

ReputationRep:
    Had a good chuckle at this. I am the speaker, it's my job to post bills on a daily basis regardless of whether i agree with them or not. For the record, i allowed this simply because it the way it is worded is not explicit in a manner would breach TSR rules even if the idea may or may not be considered abhorrent in itself. I'm also generally a pro-ponent of free speech.

If you dislike the bill then please raise these objection with the author of the bill (Uknown Uzer) and feel free to vote it down.
    I know what a speaker is, why do you feel like you have to post whatever other people want you to? You give TSR a bad name when these threads are displayed on the homepage, it makes TSR look like something from the dark web. They may not be your ideas but you give them advertising and space, this a student forum. It's disgusting you advertise these things on here.

Rakas has to post people's bills. It's part of his role. I can't really speak on behalf of TSR but this section of the forum isn't really much different from any other part of the debate forum. It's simply a more structured format for debate.
    His 'role' isn't real, I'm sure if people brought these threads to media attention there'd be an uproar in the real world and the police would get involved.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    His 'role' isn't real, I'm sure if people brought these threads to media attention there'd be an uproar in the real world and the police would get involved.
    No, but he is bound by the rules of the role he has accepted. If he wasn't fulfilling that role he would be replaced. I agree with you that this bill is awful which is why I'll argue against it, but free speech means they have the right to voice their opinions.

I take the view that banning views that oppose the rights we have also bans us defending those rights. I would rather debate against views like this than try to shut them up and lose even the possibility of changing minds.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I know what a speaker is, why do you feel like you have to post whatever other people want you to? You give TSR a bad name when these threads are displayed on the homepage, it makes TSR look like something from the dark web. They may not be your ideas but you give them advertising and space, this a student forum. It's disgusting you advertise these things on here.

While i get your point i think your overreacting here considering that the Mhoc has seen bills to remove the monarchy or even tear the union apart, many of these can be considered disgusting ideas to some and such bills could be viewed as giving advertising and space to such views if we take your logic. The only difference here is that UU's idea offends your own politics.

Now for the record i have chosen to be politically impartial here and while there is a limit to the bills i would accept, in this case it is for the House to reject the idea rather than have me censor a debate which does not technically breach TSR rules.

I'm guessing you have never been to the religion or international sections of the forum. There are clear sympathies expressed for the likes of Russia and ISIS at times.

ReputationRep:
    No, but he is bound by the rules of the role he has accepted. If he wasn't fulfilling that role he would be replaced. I agree with you that this bill is awful which is why I'll argue against it, but free speech means they have the right to voice their opinions.

I take the view that banning views that oppose the rights we have also bans us defending those rights. I would rather debate against views like this than try to shut them up and lose even the possibility of changing minds.
    I think if this kind of thing carries on then it shouldn't be displayed on the homepage. What do you think people who want genuine advice on student issues think when they visit the homepage and see things like this? What do you think younger students and any parents who visit this site think when they see threads displayed in the homepage about sex with animals and corpses and violating people like this? These threads should only be accessible if you go looking for them by actively looking in the model House of Commons forum.

Now for the record i have chosen to be politically impartial here and while there is a limit to the bills i would accept
    You clearly don't have a limit, you accept bills about having sex with dead people and animals. This is TSR, if you guys want a forum to express extreme political ideologies then make another website dedicated to that. TSR is really not the place for this discussion even if technically you're not violating any of its rules. It's simply not appropriate for the kind of website this is supposed to be.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think if this kind of thing carries on then it shouldn't be displayed on the homepage. What do you think people who want genuine advice on student issues think when they visit the homepage and see things like this? What do you think younger students and any parents who visit this site think when they see threads displayed in the homepage about sex with animals and corpses and violating people like this? These threads should only be accessible if you go looking for them by actively looking in the model House of Commons forum.
    As I mentioned earlier, this is really no different than discussion within other parts of the debate section of the website. In our lives, we come across people with vastly different opinions to ours and nowhere is this truer than on the internet.

If you do feel that strongly about the issue though I'd urge you to contact the admins. They have shut down debates that they feel have gone too far in the past. They are the only ones who can give any answers or opinions on behalf of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Nay, what a stupid bill
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nay. I don't think it needs to be a requirement for them to work because it would be hard to find prisoners that don't want to work.

ReputationRep:
    Nay, I’m a big fan of rights and that includes the right to refuse medical treatment and the right to not be a slave

I’m interested in what Rakas21’s limits are

ReputationRep:
    'Perform or authorise experiments on inmates sentenced to a period of over 20 years in prison;
    Require female inmates to provide services to clients to fund prison operations.'

Get rid of these parts and you have an aye.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.