Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Let's see... Nay.

ReputationRep:
    Awful Bill, others have stated enough reasons why. Regarding the Speaker, he is only fulfilling the role and I do not criticise him for posting this Bill.

ReputationRep:
    Even if this bill proposes a hideous extension of the state, the criticisms towards the Speaker and this section as a whole are utterly ridiculous. This is a model Parliament, and no matter how disgusting an idea it should be discussed if it does not break hate speech laws (although I am of the opinion that free speech should be absolute).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I think if this kind of thing carries on then it shouldn't be displayed on the homepage. What do you think people who want genuine advice on student issues think when they visit the homepage and see things like this? What do you think younger students and any parents who visit this site think when they see threads displayed in the homepage about sex with animals and corpses and violating people like this? These threads should only be accessible if you go looking for them by actively looking in the model House of Commons forum.

You clearly don't have a limit, you accept bills about having sex with dead people and animals. This is TSR, if you guys want a forum to express extreme political ideologies then make another website dedicated to that. TSR is really not the place for this discussion even if technically you're not violating any of its rules. It's simply not appropriate for the kind of website this is supposed to be.
    If you want a safe space free from ideas that offend you; I would recommend the North Korean intranet.

This bill is disgusting but we can't be afraid of discussing ideas - deconstructing proposals like this with logic is how we develop critical thinking skills and become a better society; simply shutting down debate as you propose is what has created the ignorant, intellectually stagnant society we have become in the west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    If you want a safe space free from ideas that offend you; I would recommend the North Korean intranet.

Free speech exists in civilised western democracies whether you like it or not you ****ing regressive authoritarian ******** - if you don't like it, again, alternative countries are available that promulgate your brand of repulsive moral absolutist values.

This bill is disgusting but we can't be afraid of discussing ideas - deconstructing proposals like this with logic is how we develop critical thinking skills and become a better society; simply shutting down debate as you propose is what has created the ignorant, intellectually stagnant society we have become in the west.
    Hear, hear.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Require female inmates to provide services to clients to fund prison operations.

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****

no. criminals still have human rights. and you dare to call yourselves the party of christian values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)

Free speech exists in civilised western democracies whether you like it or not you ****ing regressive authoritarian ******** - if you don't like it, again, alternative countries are available that promulgate your brand of repulsive moral absolutist values.

I would recommend learning how to use semicolons properly. If you want to discuss this kind of thing then a student help website isn't the place for it. I understand people post their views on the internet but this content has no place on this kind of website, make your own website dedicated to this sort of thing. I've reported your post for offensiveness; there's no need to swear at me.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it up to UKIP to continue the dehumanisation of prisoners.

ReputationRep:

His 'role' isn't real, I'm sure if people brought these threads to media attention there'd be an uproar in the real world and the police would get involved.
    People wouldn't care about pretend "offensive" legislation in a fake parliament, they would laugh you off. It sounds like you haven't been on the less sunny parts of the Internet, there exists far worse out there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in favour. Definitely a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend learning how to use semicolons properly. If you want to discuss this kind of thing then a student help website isn't the place for it. I understand people post their views on the internet but this content has no place on this kind of website, make your own website dedicated to this sort of thing. I've reported your post for offensiveness; there's no need to swear at me.
    Quit your jib jabber and stop cluttering this thread with your nonsense. If you aren't going to debate this bill then I suggest you go else where (otherwise I will report for off topic comments) Clearly you haven't been on TSR for long if you think this thread is bad.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I know what a speaker is, why do you feel like you have to post whatever other people want you to? You give TSR a bad name when these threads are displayed on the homepage, it makes TSR look like something from the dark web. They may not be your ideas but you give them advertising and space, this a student forum. It's disgusting you advertise these things on here.

His 'role' isn't real, I'm sure if people brought these threads to media attention there'd be an uproar in the real world and the police would get involved.
    Call 101 or 999 if you believe it is a police matter, you would be laughed off the phone.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    'Perform or authorise experiments on inmates sentenced to a period of over 20 years in prison;
    Require inmates to work without being paid;
    Require healthy and able-bodied females to be surrogate mothers; and
    Require female inmates to provide services to clients to fund prison operations.'

Get rid of these parts and you have an aye.
    How about none essential organs being taken from being in jail over 5 years?

What gives the state the right to your body at all is more the point for me but I would at lease want exemptions under mental health or religious grounds.

(Original post by mr T 999)
    Quit your jib jabber and stop cluttering this thread with your nonsense. If you aren't going to debate this bill then I suggest you go else where (otherwise I will report for off topic comments) Clearly you haven't been on TSR for long if you think this thread is bad.
    You're not debating this bill either. Whats the point of a debate where one side says something controversial and then won't even try to defend those opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    How about none essential organs being taken from being in jail over 5 years?

What gives the state the right to your body at all is more the point for me but I would at lease want exemptions under mental health or religious grounds.
    Nobody has property in their body.

ReputationRep:
    just. no.

ReputationRep:
    This website isn't even a "student help website". It's simply a website where young people - going through education of some form - can discuss stuff.

Sure, some posts are regarding help with things but that doesn't make it purely a help forum. If it was then forums dedicated to discussing football, books and politics would be banned as they would be considered off-topic.

Let's get back to discussing this bill: it's a strong nay from me.

ReputationRep:
    I think if this kind of thing carries on then it shouldn't be displayed on the homepage. What do you think people who want genuine advice on student issues think when they visit the homepage and see things like this? What do you think younger students and any parents who visit this site think when they see threads displayed in the homepage about sex with animals and corpses and violating people like this? These threads should only be accessible if you go looking for them by actively looking in the model House of Commons forum.

You clearly don't have a limit, you accept bills about having sex with dead people and animals. This is TSR, if you guys want a forum to express extreme political ideologies then make another website dedicated to that. TSR is really not the place for this discussion even if technically you're not violating any of its rules. It's simply not appropriate for the kind of website this is supposed to be.
    If you want a safe space, just stay out of the MHoC and go talk about having gay sex in the relationships or sexual health subforums like you usually do.

And if you think this bill is bad, check out some of my other bills:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4629412
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4935988
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3777665

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rtfvghbj)
    You one of those retards that believes child molesters and murderers deserve respect? they're human so they deserve to have rights no matter what they do?
    Uhh yeah, that's kinda the point of us being subscribed to the UNIVERSAL declaration of HUMAN Rights.

It's also a well established principle of western civilisation since the enlightenment, tolerance and respect for your fellow man (or woman) irrespective of their circumstances.

Your train of thought is what led Hitler, Stalin and Mao to kill hundreds of millions of people in the last century - it's a slippery slope.

ReputationRep:
    This bill raises so many red flags for me. Absolutely not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And that's a nay from me

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.