Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in year 12, in the UK and am very interested in going to university in either the UK or US and studying film production (as i would like to become a film producer).
    Which do you think is the best university to go to, taking into account the schools credibility, future job opportunities, the opportunities the school gives you, and how good their courses are.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi1243)
    Im currently in year 12, in the UK and am very interested in going to university in either the UK or US and studying film production (as i would like to become a film producer).
    Which do you think is the best university to go to, taking into account the schools credibility, future job opportunities, the opportunities the school gives you, and how good their courses are.
    Thank you!
    I know you are after universities, however I'd just like to give the advice that make sure you get plenty of work experience, even if you do attend university. Start off voluntary and then go freelance, film/ media companies like people with experience at the job just as much as a good understanding of the theory (It works, trust me!)

However to answer your initial question, I believe one of the best universities for film/ digital media in the UK is Ravensbourne in London... I'm not sure about the US. There are plenty of other universities out there for film though, best to look for one that specializes in digital media/ film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediageek123)
    I know you are after universities, however I'd just like to give the advice that make sure you get plenty of work experience, even if you do attend university. Start off voluntary and then go freelance, film/ media companies like people with experience at the job just as much as a good understanding of the theory (It works, trust me!)

However to answer your initial question, I believe one of the best universities for film/ digital media in the UK is Ravensbourne in London... I'm not sure about the US. There are plenty of other universities out there for film though, best to look for one that specializes in digital media/ film.
    thank you! Have you got any suggestions for work experience
    ?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi1243)
    Thank you!
    Look for cilect members (google it). That’s the universities/film schools with the best international industry accreditation in both countries.

Eta Ravensbourne are not cilect members.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.