The Student Room Group

Any other funding option except Student Finance ?

I was wondering if there is any other funding option except for student finance ?
Original post by givemesomeluck96
I was wondering if there is any other funding option except for student finance ?

any other options are private loans with horrendous interest, have you used your funding up?
Original post by claireestelle
any other options are private loans with horrendous interest, have you used your funding up?

It’s not that.. I’m just wondering. I applied for student finance in August and I still haven’t received any news regarding my application so I’m scared that I might not get it. Also if in case I don’t, I was just looking for other option.
It’s not that.. I’m just wondering. I applied for student finance in August and I still haven’t received any news regarding my application so I’m scared that I might not get it. Also if in case I don’t, I was just looking for other option.

Call them up and find out what the delay is

Writing a very large cheque
Call them up and find out what the delay is

I did but lines busy... I also emailed them but didn’t receive any replies yet ....

Also just in case .... what kind of private loans are available ?
Original post by nulli tertius
Writing a very large cheque

Lol I wish I had that option
I did but lines busy... I also emailed them but didn’t receive any replies yet ....

Also just in case .... what kind of private loans are available ?

Keep trying, perhaps call earlier in the morning. Private loans are pretty much going to be almost as bad as pay day loans so you don't want to go down that route unless you know you ll get money from elsewhere soon.
Keep trying, perhaps call earlier in the morning. Private loans are pretty much going to be almost as bad as pay day loans so you don't want to go down that route unless you know you ll get money from elsewhere soon.

Thanks ~ will do that! I’m working 2 jobs but I don’t think that’ll be enough to cover my fees just in case if I don’t receive student finance ! So I was just looking for other options...
Thanks ~ will do that! I’m working 2 jobs but I don’t think that’ll be enough to cover my fees just in case if I don’t receive student finance ! So I was just looking for other options...

Have you got a student overdraft? That wouldn't be enough but it's something for the mean time
Have you got a student overdraft? That wouldn't be enough but it's something for the mean time

Student overdraft? I have no idea what that is... I’ll look it up!
Student overdraft? I have no idea what that is... I’ll look it up!

its when you have a student current account and they allow you to go into a minus balance for no interest, you get 2/3 years after graduating to pay it back.
its when you have a student current account and they allow you to go into a minus balance for no interest, you get 2/3 years after graduating to pay it back.

I just looked it up and seems like Santander is the best option for student bank account so I think I’ll go for it! But um I was wondering if they’ll allow to to get overdraft if my student finance is still in process? And hasn’t been paid yet?
I just looked it up and seems like Santander is the best option for student bank account so I think I’ll go for it! But um I was wondering if they’ll allow to to get overdraft if my student finance is still in process? And hasn’t been paid yet?

Some banks allow it but some don't, you'd have to check with them before you apply.
Some banks allow it but some don't, you'd have to check with them before you apply.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending