Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the best laptops which are very lightweight and has a good battery to use during A levels and University?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sehun123)
    What are the best laptops which are very lightweight and has a good battery to use during A levels and University?
    Hi there!

This thread should be in the Laptops forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there

If you're looking for laptop recommendations, then fill in this form and we'll get back to you with recommendations

i have the acer chromebook 14, it is really slim + lightweight and there's quite alot of storage on here. it has a long battery life of about 10-14 hours (depending on the brightness you use). it was also relatively cheap, a little over £100. for alevels, i don't think which laptop you have is important to be honest... as long as you can store loads of past exam papers and worksheets on it, you should be good to go
      • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
      Budget? Lightweight with above average battery life is an expensive combination.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by geidiprimes)
      i have the acer chromebook 14, it is really slim + lightweight and there's quite alot of storage on here. it has a long battery life of about 10-14 hours (depending on the brightness you use). it was also relatively cheap, a little over £100. for alevels, i don't think which laptop you have is important to be honest... as long as you can store loads of past exam papers and worksheets on it, you should be good to go
      It's because my bag is already full off folders and textbooks and its really heavy , si i wanted a good laptop that would be able to fit into my bag so I can use it during my frees and study sessions.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gofre)
      Budget? Lightweight with above average battery life is an expensive combination.
      Just a bit over £100?
      • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
      Just a bit over £100?
      I'm hoping you mean £1000?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gofre)
      I'm hoping you mean £1000?
      oh my... I really don't know anything about laptops but is there really not any good laptops worth a bit over £100??

ReputationRep:
      oh my... I really don't know anything about laptops but is there really not any good laptops worth a bit over £100??
      LOL
      • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
      Virtually nobody is making laptops at all for around £100, never mind a good one and certainly not a good and lightweight one. Closer to £200 will get you a crappy netbook with specs from 2012 that will be light but not good, while another £100 on top of that will get you something with a modern i3 processor that will be good but not light. The closest thing you'll find to what you want is a cheap Chromebook, the low resource OS will let it feel faster than its crummy specs would if you were running a full fat operating system like Windows and battery life will be better too. Most Chromebooks are also relatively small and light compared to cheap non-netbook windows laptops. The major downside is that the OS is essentially a glorified web browser that cannot install conventional applications, which may be a deal breaker depending on your uni course and the software you need for it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.