Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello guys i have a question about racism Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can University or Collage in UK kick you out for having conservative political views and being against multiculturalism ? I mean not by insulting somebody but for example for saying something like "I think Europe should be European, Africa African, Asia Asian, China Chinese etc". ? or by saying "there is not enough white people in London?" I am sure there wouldn't be a problem if Black or any other non-white person would say something like that but i am white this is why i am asking about your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommytheeuropean)
    Can University or Collage in UK kick you out for having conservative political views and being against multiculturalism ? I mean not by insulting somebody but for example for saying something like "I think Europe should be European, Africa African, Asia Asian, China Chinese etc". ? or by saying "there is not enough white people in London?" I am sure there wouldn't be a problem if Black or any other non-white person would say something like that but i am white this is why i am asking about your opinion?
    If you can debate your point in a balanced and thoughtful way then you can be as conservative as you want.

The minute you cross the boundary into racism it isn't acceptable though. 'There is not enough white people in London" is a bit of a nonsense phrase. It is a problem no matter who says it.

ReputationRep:
    I get you but whites are still 3x the majority in London and like 10x the majority in the rest of the country

ReputationRep:
    But can they do something to anybody for this?

ReputationRep:
    From what i checked lately whites are like 10% of the total population of the planet so i really don't understand why in this country it is racist to say that i think that there is not enough white people. Really it is crazy what is happening in this country. Been in many countries and never nobody was attacking me for saying something like this except for England. The person said that will report me to administration of my uni but i don;t know if they really will try to do something because if yes this will be first time ever something like this. Where i originally come from even teachers would say what i said.

ReputationRep:
    You're allowed to believe whatever you want to believe. Nobody can do anything to you for having racist thoughts. What matters is what you say and do. I think that while your example might be considered an unpopular opinion, it isn't really genuine racism.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a 'collage' could do anything to you; a 'college' might though.

ReputationRep:
    I guess there wouldn't be a problem. Would you have a problem if someone said 'If white Europeans didn't go and steal all the valuables from African countries then Africans right now would def still stay in Africa'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    I guess there wouldn't be a problem. Would you have a problem if someone said 'If white Europeans didn't go and steal all the valuables from African countries then Africans right now would def still stay in Africa'?
    Defo i would not have a problem with someone saying that.

ReputationRep:
    But i must tell you that i don't like when someone say White Europeans go and steal because that include all White people and we know very well that Slavic-White Europeans were not participating in colonisations and enslavement of blacks.

It was mainly England, USA, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Turkey and maybe few other Muslim countries.

ReputationRep:
    But i must tell you that i don't like when someone say White Europeans go and steal because that include all White people and we know very well that Slavic-White Europeans were not participating in colonisations and enslavement of blacks.

It was mainly England, USA, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Turkey and maybe few other Muslim countries.
    Maybe they didn't invade and enslave blacks and African countries but they did invade other European countries.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    They can't kick you out for having any views. They can only kick you out if you present them in the wrong way though (like by being mean to another student or disrupting lectures).
    Basically, as long as those views stay in your head you're totally fine.
    If you talk about them in a reasonable manor without being mean or disruptive then you may still have people judge you or even report you for it, but there isn't really anything uni/ college can do.
    If you were to push those views and use them to be mean or disruptive though you could be disciplined, including being kicked out. It's less to do with what your views are and more to do with how you behave.

You could be kicked out for thinking rabbits were cute if you punched anybody who didn't agree with you or yelled it in every lecture. It's not cos you think rabbits are cute though- it's cos you were mean and disruptive about it.

I hope all that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they didn't invade and enslave blacks and African countries but they did invade other European countries.
    Of course! Everyone did that in past! but as you can see not everyone do that today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    They can't kick you out for having any views. They can only kick you out if you present them in the wrong way though (like by being mean to another student or disrupting lectures).
    Basically, as long as those views stay in your head you're totally fine.
    If you talk about them in a reasonable manor without being mean or disruptive then you may still have people judge you or even report you for it, but there isn't really anything uni/ college can do.
    If you were to push those views and use them to be mean or disruptive though you could be disciplined, including being kicked out. It's less to do with what your views are and more to do with how you behave.

You could be kicked out for thinking rabbits were cute if you punched anybody who didn't agree with you or yelled it in every lecture. It's not cos you think rabbits are cute though- it's cos you were mean and disruptive about it.

I hope all that makes sense.
    This is what i have written on social media. And people reported me. So i wonder if is this really a serious crime? I am asking because were i come from originally even teachers, priests, directos of the school and basically Majority of the country think this way.

"wow so if i think this ... and here i cited what English Politician said (not me)

"""Jews as “evil,” complained there were not enough white faces in London, and, incredibly, claimed female models suffered from anorexia because the fashion industry is run by “gay perverts” who deliberately dress them up to look like little boys."""

am i racist bigot? I completely agree with everything he said (except of course not all Jews are evil, only some of them-like Christians and Atheists and more) I have been Living in Poland, Italy, Netherlands and Russia i am 27 years old and it is first time ever i hear that thinking like that is Racist or something"

"How can it be homophobic to state the obvious truth that fashion industry is full of gay perverts (not all of them only few) ? do you think they don't exist? yes they exist. Some Jews are evil the same like some Atheist are or Christians. In London is too little white people it is European city (not anymore), All is true and just stating a facts i don;t see anything wrong with it."

oh and i joked about people who work as Yoga instructors to be useless parasites and be better off learning how to cook and clean.

ReputationRep:
    Of course! Everyone did that in past! but as you can see not everyone do that today.
    Yes, exactly. Because those who got to invade and steal are now rich developed countries and there's no point of invading countries anymore while the countries who were invaded don't have the resources to invade other countries because everything was stolen from them.

Actions have consequences. You can't just forget the past and expect to live happily ever after.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, exactly. Because those who got to invade and steal are now rich developed countries and there's no point of invading countries anymore while the countries who were invaded don't have the resources to invade other countries because everything was stolen from them.

Actions have consequences. You can't just forget the past and expect to live happily ever after.
    That is not the case in the case of the Slavic nations. They are not rich and they weren't stealing from nobody except for Russia who anyway is poorest in the east.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This is what i have written on social media. And people reported me. So i wonder if is this really a serious crime? I am asking because were i come from originally even teachers, priests, directos of the school and basically Majority of the country think this way.

"wow so if i think this ... and here i cited what English Politician said (not me)

"""Jews as “evil,” complained there were not enough white faces in London, and, incredibly, claimed female models suffered from anorexia because the fashion industry is run by “gay perverts” who deliberately dress them up to look like little boys."""

am i racist bigot? I completely agree with everything he said (except of course not all Jews are evil, only some of them-like Christians and Atheists and more) I have been Living in Poland, Italy, Netherlands and Russia i am 27 years old and it is first time ever i hear that thinking like that is Racist or something"

"How can it be homophobic to state the obvious truth that fashion industry is full of gay perverts (not all of them only few) ? do you think they don't exist? yes they exist. Some Jews are evil the same like some Atheist are or Christians. In London is too little white people it is European city (not anymore), All is true and just stating a facts i don;t see anything wrong with it."

oh and i joked about people who work as Yoga instructors to be useless parasites and be better off learning how to cook and clean.
    I would personally say you were a bit ignorant for holding those views. Racism would be more actually disliking black people rather than just thinking they should keep their culture and white's keep theirs.
    Culture thrives on diversity and inclusion. It's how we evolve and learn. We've found new medicines from Asian culture, new foods from black culture etc etc. If we never opened ourselves up to new cultures and new ideas we'd still be living naked in caves and eating raw meat.

Referring to Jews as evil is (at the least) borderline racist. Yes, some people are evil and at least some Jews will be included in that, but the way it's said there targets Jews.
    It's like me saying "you're ugly". You would take that as me insulting you (and rightfully so), but I could be saying it because I think all people are ugly. I don't mean it as an insult, but it sure as hell sounds like one.

The gay perverts thing is again ignorant and borderline homophobic. You may be meaning that they are gay people who happen to be perverts, but it sounds like you're linking the two and it implies that you think gay people are perverts.
    It's also a bit ignorant to assume some nasty agenda just because people have differing views or tastes to you, or to call people perverts because of those different views.
    People like different things and that's just how life is.

You need to be careful about how you represent your views because if you don't you can mean the best, but sound like a massive ass.
    You need to explain yourself better and not just say things like "it's a fact". It's the same with any view, but especially the more controversial ones.
    If you don't explain why you believe something people will just think you are mean and stupid.

So I might think (these are just example views btw- not real) that we shouldn't accept new immigrants because it's better for us to support their countries and build a mutually beneficial relationship. I may think that flooding the country with too many new immigrants would mean there are far too many people for the available jobs and houses and that it would damage society and the economy because of the strain of new people. I might think that it would be better to encourage their economy to improve by importing goods from them or helping them resolve issues in their country.
    There's some fair reason in there and people can hopefully see that I am thinking about what will work and trying to be logical. People may not agree with my views, but hopefully they can respect them.

If I said "Immigrants will destroy us. Don't let them in." though, I would sound like a racist an ignorant ass. I haven't explained why I believe that and it is easy to assume I am making judgements about their race or religion.

You need to make sure you aren't in that second group. You have some quite controversial views and you need to make sure that people understand why you have them so they don't get the wrong idea. You also need to accept that just as you have your own views, other people will have theirs too.
    You will probably never agree with each other, but you can respect each other and try to understand one another. Holding different views does not make somebody a bad person.

Oh and calling people parasites is just rude. Again, people have different views and Yoga can be very beneficial to some people. It's a gentle and manageable form of exercise that is good for issues like chronic pain and can also help mental health.
    Some people have quite spiritual views relating to it that might seem odd or crazy, but they have the right to those views and people do find yoga genuinely helpful.

Calling somebody a parasite is very harsh and has the implication of being a bad person and leeching off society. I'm sure that some yoga instructors are bad people, but for the most part they are just people with different views to you trying to help or just make a living.

The sorts of comments you are making sound like they are just insults. They may be coming from a belief you hold, but it sounds a lot like you are just being mean. That's where representing your views comes in.

I hope that all makes sense to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    I would personally say you were a bit ignorant for holding those views. Racism would be more actually disliking black people rather than just thinking they should keep their culture and white's keep theirs.
    Culture thrives on diversity and inclusion. It's how we evolve and learn. We've found new medicines from Asian culture, new foods from black culture etc etc. If we never opened ourselves up to new cultures and new ideas we'd still be living naked in caves and eating raw meat.

Referring to Jews as evil is (at the least) borderline racist. Yes, some people are evil and at least some Jews will be included in that, but the way it's said there targets Jews.
    It's like me saying "you're ugly". You would take that as me insulting you (and rightfully so), but I could be saying it because I think all people are ugly. I don't mean it as an insult, but it sure as hell sounds like one.

The gay perverts thing is again ignorant and borderline homophobic. You may be meaning that they are gay people who happen to be perverts, but it sounds like you're linking the two and it implies that you think gay people are perverts.
    It's also a bit ignorant to assume some nasty agenda just because people have differing views or tastes to you, or to call people perverts because of those different views.
    People like different things and that's just how life is.

You need to be careful about how you represent your views because if you don't you can mean the best, but sound like a massive ass.
    You need to explain yourself better and not just say things like "it's a fact". It's the same with any view, but especially the more controversial ones.
    If you don't explain why you believe something people will just think you are mean and stupid.

So I might think (these are just example views btw- not real) that we shouldn't accept new immigrants because it's better for us to support their countries and build a mutually beneficial relationship. I may think that flooding the country with too many new immigrants would mean there are far too many people for the available jobs and houses and that it would damage society and the economy because of the strain of new people. I might think that it would be better to encourage their economy to improve by importing goods from them or helping them resolve issues in their country.
    There's some fair reason in there and people can hopefully see that I am thinking about what will work and trying to be logical. People may not agree with my views, but hopefully they can respect them.

If I said "Immigrants will destroy us. Don't let them in." though, I would sound like a racist an ignorant ass. I haven't explained why I believe that and it is easy to assume I am making judgements about their race or religion.

You need to make sure you aren't in that second group. You have some quite controversial views and you need to make sure that people understand why you have them so they don't get the wrong idea. You also need to accept that just as you have your own views, other people will have theirs too.
    You will probably never agree with each other, but you can respect each other and try to understand one another. Holding different views does not make somebody a bad person.

Oh and calling people parasites is just rude. Again, people have different views and Yoga can be very beneficial to some people. It's a gentle and manageable form of exercise that is good for issues like chronic pain and can also help mental health.
    Some people have quite spiritual views relating to it that might seem odd or crazy, but they have the right to those views and people do find yoga genuinely helpful.

Calling somebody a parasite is very harsh and has the implication of being a bad person and leeching off society. I'm sure that some yoga instructors are bad people, but for the most part they are just people with different views to you trying to help or just make a living.

The sorts of comments you are making sound like they are just insults. They may be coming from a belief you hold, but it sounds a lot like you are just being mean. That's where representing your views comes in.

I hope that all makes sense to you.

I understand everything you said and i agree but you did not say if Uni or College in England can really bother with something like this?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I understand everything you said and i agree but you did not say if Uni or College in England can really bother with something like this?
    Only if you are mean or disruptive about it. What you said on social media is borderline, but I doubt they can do anything about it. It was a single comment that was right on the edge of discrimination, but not targetted at any student or meant in a cruel way.
    If you were to take it any further then they likely could get involved, especially if other students are bothered by it. I would say you are okay for now but that you do need to be careful about what you say, to who and how.

ReputationRep:
    No you won't. You'll just be perceived as a moron.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.