Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice Please...I'm missing a deadline and don't know what to do.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi... I'll get straight into it. I'm now on a gap year and reapplying to med. I got an offer from kcl for biomedicine last year and I deferred that until 2018. At the time I deferred it I was not aware that you can either keep your deferred unconditional offer OR reapply and not both. I'm applying through the sixth form I attended and I have been emailing my teacher who only happened to have sent my ucas application today. Then I recieve an email from ucas saying that I have to cancel my unconditional offer or my application will not be considered. I would actually cancel my unconditional offer at kcl but today is friday and the deadline for med application is after tomorrow sunday. I have sent both kcl and ucas emails telling them about the situation but obviously my offer would only be cancelled on monday earliest so past the deadline. What do I do? Is that it if I missed the deadline?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by &Hope)
    Hi... I'll get straight into it. I'm now on a gap year and reapplying to med. I got an offer from kcl for biomedicine last year and I deferred that until 2018. At the time I deferred it I was not aware that you can either keep your deferred unconditional offer OR reapply and not both. I'm applying through the sixth form I attended and I have been emailing my teacher who only happened to have sent my ucas application today. Then I recieve an email from ucas saying that I have to cancel my unconditional offer or my application will not be considered. I would actually cancel my unconditional offer at kcl but today is friday and the deadline for med application is after tomorrow sunday. I have sent both kcl and ucas emails telling them about the situation but obviously my offer would only be cancelled on monday earliest so past the deadline. What do I do? Is that it if I missed the deadline?
    Just ring UCAS as soon as you can. Not sire they are open over the weekend, but Monday will be fine. Explain your situation and take their guidance. I imagine they will have discretion.

If youd checked you can see they are open tomorrow 9am-2pm

Start calling at 8:58.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-ucas
    0371 468 0 468

ReputationRep:
    Don’t ring UCAS, they’ll tell you to ring the uni, phone the biomed department today, when I phoned the department I had my offer with they cancelled my offer by the end of the same day

tel:+44 (0)20 7848 7134 That’s the biomed faculty student enquiries number

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Just ring UCAS as soon as you can. Not sire they are open over the weekend, but Monday will be fine. Explain your situation and take their guidance. I imagine they will have discretion.

If youd checked you can see they are open tomorrow 9am-2pm

Start calling at 8:58.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-ucas
    0371 468 0 468

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I can call them saturdays/sundays though?

(Original post by HeadHoncho)
    Don’t ring UCAS, they’ll tell you to ring the uni, phone the biomed department today, when I phoned the department I had my offer with they cancelled my offer by the end of the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    What do you have to lose by trying?! Just call, and if you can't get through find another number and call that, and if everything fails call UCAS. Call everyone, stop wasting time!
    • Very Important Poster

They are open today- look at my post
    Its a UCAS deadline so your task is to create a paper trail to say you made it in time, especially if the uni isnt open. Thats why UCAS is open today. By all means try the uni afterwards, but UCAS are the people who confirm your application is on their system.

It doesnt matter if UCAS te.ll you to ring biomed, he fact is you are on record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    Biomed dept should be open

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.