Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am not superstitious but in past years I have been a little wary.

This morning though I didn't even remember that it was Friday the 13th and, quite interestingly, had my first ever 'F13' experience when I've been out and about...

Some bloke threatened to kill my dog merely because he barked! FFS!

Anyone else had anything negative happen so far?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    my eye contacts arrived. tried to put them in, dropped one on the carpet...and couldn't FIND IT. i had my face on the floor and everything with torch scouring for it. it's like the carpet ate it, spooki

(Original post by ihatePE)
    my eye contacts arrived. tried to put them in, dropped one on the carpet...and couldn't FIND IT. i had my face on the floor and everything with torch scouring for it. it's like the carpet ate it, spooki
    Yes I guess that is a bit frustrating but I am not sure it is spooky.

Not wishing to be unkind but is it possible that you could not find the contact lens because you could not see properly?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesH2017)
    Yes I guess that is a bit frustrating but I am not sure it is spooky.

Not wishing to be unkind but is it possible that you could not find the contact lens because you could not see properly?
    theyre not prescription, i wear my glasses to see. these lenses are to enhance colour. i was so frustrated so i just went to school with one eye a different colour :hoppy:

theyre not prescription, i wear my glasses to see. these lenses are to enhance colour. i was so frustrated so i just went to school with one eye a different colour :hoppy:
    OIC (pun intended)...

That's interesting - what colour are your eyes naturally and what colour do the contacts transform them to?

I'm quite interested as I know someone who is thinking of getting them and also I knew at school a guy who had (naturally) two different coloured eyes - a bit like David Bowie.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    OIC (pun intended)...

That's interesting - what colour are your eyes naturally and what colour do the contacts transform them to?

I'm quite interested as I know someone who is thinking of getting them and also I knew at school a guy who had (naturally) two different coloured eyes - a bit like David Bowie.
    yes UC
    my natural colour is dark brown and the contacts were light grey, exactly this type
    i didnt mind have two different colours but the contrast was huge cos of the dark brown, i had reordered them mhmm
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap! I've had a similar situation.

Today has been pretty weird as I've never really experienced anything bad on Friday 13th. So I never really believed in superstitions like this. But today, my power went out in my room since midnight and I struggled to do school work because my laptop was dead and I couldn't charge it. I woke up pretty late today and when I went to have a shower, I realised I've forgotten my towel to dry myself and this was when I was half way of having a shower.

After that, I had to check my timetable online to see what time was my lecture, but the wifi kept disconnecting and I was nearly late. Spooky stuff tbh...

ReputationRep:
    I am not superstitious but in past years I have been a little wary.

This morning though I didn't even remember that it was Friday the 13th and, quite interestingly, had my first ever 'F13' experience when I've been out and about...

Some bloke threatened to kill my dog merely because he barked! FFS!

Anyone else had anything negative happen so far?
    If my brother revolting against my parents counts then yeah it hasn't been a good day. Btw is it bad to watch a video of animal's being killed near a vegan?

yes UC
    my natural colour is dark brown and the contacts were light grey, exactly this type
    i didnt mind have two different colours but the contrast was huge cos of the dark brown, i had reordered them mhmm
    Spoiler:
    Show

Nice colour contact though.

(Original post by Fluffybunneh)
    Oh crap! I've had a similar situation.

Today has been pretty weird as I've never really experienced anything bad on Friday 13th. So I never really believed in superstitions like this. But today, my power went out in my room since midnight and I struggled to do school work because my laptop was dead and I couldn't charge it. I woke up pretty late today and when I went to have a shower, I realised I've forgotten my towel to dry myself and this was when I was half way of having a shower.

After that, I had to check my timetable online to see what time was my lecture, but the wifi kept disconnecting and I was nearly late. Spooky stuff tbh...
    Ohhh, sounds very tricky - hope you get to midnight with nothing else going 'wrong'!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, sounds very tricky - hope you get to midnight with nothing else going 'wrong'!
    Actually, my day has started to get better. Had a pizza night with my housemates where we all just played games and stuff and my electricity is back. So all is good, so far...

Unfortunately, I get paranoid pretty easily, so now I'm just trying to be careful

(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    If my brother revolting against my parents counts then yeah it hasn't been a good day. Btw is it bad to watch a video of animal's being killed near a vegan?
    Sorry you have not had a good day - can you elaborate about your brother and your parents?

Not sure what to say about the video watching tbh - animals have feelings and I am sure many people would not enjoy on any level seeing them killed, with or without the vegan aspect.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a terrible day, My tube kept getting delayed which meant I was late for our group project meeting, then i went to go see my boyfriend in Liverpool... the trains from London to Liverpool were completely messed up today so instead of having one change like normal I had about 4 and it took me double the time, then I had over an hours wait at my final train station, then nearly dropped my laptop onto the tracks
    Get to my boyfriends and drive to the supermarket, it was like i'd forgotten how to drive (haven't driven in like a month =P), came back from the supermarket and someones taken our parking space

It can't get much worse right =L

(Original post by Fluffybunneh)
    Actually, my day has started to get better. Had a pizza night with my housemates where we all just played games and stuff and my electricity is back. So all is good, so far...

Unfortunately, I get paranoid pretty easily, so now I'm just trying to be careful
    Games and pizza sounds great - I have had a Pizza Hut gift card burning a (hot chilli pepper) hole in my wallet for 5+ months...

Only about 45 mins to go - chill, we are all nearly okay...

(Original post by Jackieox)
    I've had a terrible day, My tube kept getting delayed which meant I was late for our group project meeting, then i went to go see my boyfriend in Liverpool... the trains from London to Liverpool were completely messed up today so instead of having one change like normal I had about 4 and it took me double the time, then I had over an hours wait at my final train station, then nearly dropped my laptop onto the tracks
    Get to my boyfriends and drive to the supermarket, it was like i'd forgotten how to drive (haven't driven in like a month =P), came back from the supermarket and someones taken our parking space

It can't get much worse right =L
    Sorry for your awful day so far.

It could get worse but I truly hope it doesn't for you - just 45 or so mins to go but the great thing is that you are finally with your boyfriend - enjoy that (long awaited) time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    got no work done
    got no sleep cos of drunk noisy flatmates
    put in correct code to my padlock for my cupboard in the kitchen, wouldn't open so had to break it with a spoon
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Unfinishable maths test featuring A level questions

It was the first test of yr 10
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I got to my lectures on time, found out I have an essay outline due soon, slept, and did a bit of reading for university. Boring, but not bad.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

I lost my student ID card :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I got hand foot mouth disease

Spoiler:
    Show

Kill me

(Original post by Black Rose)
    That's big bad - sorry for your loss - hopefully it will not take too long to get a replacement - good luck with that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Friday the 13th was ok. Made christmas cakes in college & had I think less pots and pans to wash up from work tonight. Normally its hectic

(Original post by Black Rose)
    Noooo - I hope you find it (at our college we have to pay £5 for a temporary paper one)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.