The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Anyone received any offers from Warwick?

I received my acknowledgement almost a week ago now and am so impatient for the offers to come through! Has anyone been made an offer so far? In particular, has anyone been made an offer for Law yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hxfsxh
I received my acknowledgement almost a week ago now and am so impatient for the offers to come through! Has anyone been made an offer so far? In particular, has anyone been made an offer for Law yet?

My cousin heard back for Law! Don't know if that means yours will be soon, but they're definitely processing them it seems :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by CastCuraga
My cousin heard back for Law! Don't know if that means yours will be soon, but they're definitely processing them it seems :smile:

do you know when they applied and when they got the offer?
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
do you know when they applied and when they got the offer?

Around the end of September, he got it this morning
Around the end of September, he got it this morning

Ah okay so it was at least a couple of weeks.
Ah okay so it was at least a couple of weeks.

Yeah, but as unis go, that's pretty quick. Some unis I applied to last year took 4 months to reply :iiam:
My friend got an offer for Maths and Stats, but as far as I know no one has received an offer for straight maths yet (including me :frown:) - no doubt waiting for us to sit MAT/TMUA. I'm afraid that I don't know anything about law applications though.
Yeah, but as unis go, that's pretty quick. Some unis I applied to last year took 4 months to reply :iiam:

What universities did you apply to? I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, King's and Warwick and so far all have acknowledged but nothing more. My friend got accepted by Surrey six hours after acknowledgement.
What universities did you apply to? I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, King's and Warwick and so far all have acknowledged but nothing more. My friend got accepted by Surrey six hours after acknowledgement.

That’s so quick!!

Last year: Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff, KCL, Edinburgh. Went for Cardiff; big mistake.

This year: Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Surrey, Bangor. Haven't heard anything yet

Cambridge I think generally tends to reply around December for interviews/pooling, don't know much more about the others. UCL likes to take its time from my understanding, King's was really quick for me last year (~3 weeks).
I applied on September 29th and got an offer from psychology and philosophy yesterday. Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear back very soon (I think they've only just started giving out offers)
Original post by hxfsxh
That’s so quick!!

I know right I'm so jealous!

Last year: Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff, KCL, Edinburgh. Went for Cardiff; big mistake.

This year: Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Surrey, Bangor. Haven't heard anything yet

Cambridge I think generally tends to reply around December for interviews/pooling, don't know much more about the others. UCL likes to take its time from my understanding, King's was really quick for me last year (~3 weeks).

Yeah Cambridge will take it's time since I still have to do the admission's assessment and hopefully an interview.

When did you apply this year and are you reapplying because you regret picking Cardiff over Edinburgh?

Yeah Cambridge will take it's time since I still have to do the admission's assessment and hopefully an interview.

When did you apply this year and are you reapplying because you regret picking Cardiff over Edinburgh?

About 3 days ago haha, not long enough to expect anything.

No, I'm just reapplying because I genuinely hate it in Cardiff haha. Edinburgh was taking so long I just withdrew it tbh, even now Aberdeen is better for the course I want to do (Genetics). Though if I did somehow get an offer from Edinburgh given my grades, I'd probably take it :tongue:
Original post by Cxletteee
I applied on September 29th and got an offer from psychology and philosophy yesterday. Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear back very soon (I think they've only just started giving out offers)

Hmm it could be possible that they're looking at the people that applied in September first. So annoying my application was ready on the 29th but I had to wait until Tuesday this week for the school to be ready.

About 3 days ago haha, not long enough to expect anything.

No, I'm just reapplying because I genuinely hate it in Cardiff haha. Edinburgh was taking so long I just withdrew it tbh, even now Aberdeen is better for the course I want to do (Genetics). Though if I did somehow get an offer from Edinburgh given my grades, I'd probably take it :tongue:

Why did you pick Cardiff in the first place lol? Isn't Edinburgh a good university? Good luck nonetheless.

Why did you pick Cardiff in the first place lol? Isn't Edinburgh a good university? Good luck nonetheless.

It was either that or Glasgow and in the end got put off by the whole "stab capital of Europe" stereotypes lmao. Thanks though, hope things go well for you too.
It was either that or Glasgow and in the end got put off by the whole "stab capital of Europe" stereotypes lmao. Thanks though, hope things go well for you too.

ah well since you're reapplying to Glasgow I presume that you're not put off by the stereotypes anymore lol.
Nope...I've applied to Warwick, Nottingham, Manchester, Southampton and Cambridge, and apart from Cambridge obviously, Warwick is the only one I haven't heard back from :frown:
ah well since you're reapplying to Glasgow I presume that you're not put off by the stereotypes anymore lol.

Haha no, I've been there a few times since and didn't get stabbed once, have to assume that was a thing a long time ago or something lmao
Original post by teenstressaddict
Nope...I've applied to Warwick, Nottingham, Manchester, Southampton and Cambridge, and apart from Cambridge obviously, Warwick is the only one I haven't heard back from :frown:

Do you mean that they haven't made a decision or they haven't acknowledged. Warwick acknowledged me at 10am the day after I applied.
Do you mean that they haven't made a decision or they haven't acknowledged. Warwick acknowledged me at 10am the day after I applied.

Yeah they acknowledged me, just no decision

Quick Reply

Latest