Tatoos Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
As someone who does not have nor has any intention of getting a tatoo could one of you (preferably someone who has a tatoo) please explain the attraction of getting one done?
I am intrigued as to why people wish to modify their physical appearance in this manner espeically given the fact that unless you have alot of money for removal surgery they are permenant. Results from removal surgery are a mixed bag and it is rare to see skin restored to as it was prior.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a tattoo - had it done when I was 17.

It is on my leg and it a football badge - something I will never regret. I will never wish for it to be removed, when I am older it won't look awful, I am proud to wear it and it shows my dedication to the team I do not, however, wish to have a lot of tattoos. In fact - I probably won't have any others. This was just something I really wanted, and I am very pleased with it!

I don't understand people who get stupid tattoos on their body.. My older brother has a bulldog with a pair of boxing gloves on and some union jack boxes shorts on his left arm - bit extreme!
KuinKra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've heard of people getting union tattoos... Having the other person's name tattooed on their body instead of getting a wedding ring.

I'm not sure how it'd work at the ceremony, though... "Do you have the needle?"
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When I was in NZ I was going to get a Maori tattoo, but I'm a pussy so I chickened out.

The attraction for me is to turn a part of your body into an artwork.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Tatoos were once a symbol of the working classes that became a fashion statement through various public icons sporting them. Now they are common as anything and most of them look shite.

I cringe every time that I see Beckham - is this guy really our national icon?

Woodgate has also had some weird writing on his back and lots of it, almost like a novel. I mean WTF?

When I go out round the town on Saturday night it seems that almost 50% of people have them.
FallenSpirit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to get one done, but only a small one on my lower back. It'll be a memorial to someone special to me that died.

I don't see the attraction of whole-body tats or loads and loads of them, they look really tacky, IMO.
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't like some tattoo's, simple one's look alright though.
I'm going to get one in Plain black cursive writing (think Coke can writing) that says Pixie. Don't hate
I don't want a visible one, I just like the idea of having that tattooed on me because it's my nickname.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
The ones that seem to be popular with the girls are the "angel wings" on the shoulder blades or a similair design on the lower back. Problem is these are getting so common that they no longer have the "wow" factor.

I once saw a girl with her nickname tatooed on her lower back. Obviously placed there so any one night stand can always remember her name during from behind.
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
The ones that seem to be popular with the girls are the "angel wings" on the shoulder blades or a similair design on the lower back. Problem is these are getting so common that they no longer have the "wow" factor.

I once saw a girl with her nickname tatooed on her lower back. Obviously placed there so any one night stand can always remember her name during from behind.
I plan on getting it done on my lower front... but it's not placed there so random dudes can see it, it's going to be there so no one except my boyfriend knows about it.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to get a tattoo of a barcode.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Danyul)
I want to get a tattoo of a barcode.
Is this not taken from some futuristic sci-fi where all criminals are tatooed with a barcode? Was it Judge Dread?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've no idea, i'm not into Sci-Fi stuff.. I just want one - might get it tattooed on my forehead
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Danyul)
I've no idea, i'm not into Sci-Fi stuff.. I just want one - might get it tattooed on my forehead
I have seen people with tatoos on their forehead, well just above their nose. Does tha count?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It counts if they are Indian, although I am not sure whether Red dots are tattooed on or have stickey backs! Perhaps somebody can correct me on this one..
I was thinking of basing the rest of my life on studying the tattoos of this man , and then getting them tattooed onto my head to honour his bravery!
majinbuu
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
The ones that seem to be popular with the girls are the "angel wings" on the shoulder blades or a similair design on the lower back.
lol- one of my best friends, who is a guy, has had that done

I've got a pretty small tatoo on my left arm of the Red Hot Chili Peppers star logo - I had it done about 6 weeks ago when I was on holiday with 8 of my mates in Newquay. I got it partly as a sort of permanent souvenir of what was an awesome holiday, and partly cuz I love the Chilis.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and partly cuz I love the Chilis.
wooooooohoooooooo!

Stay all night and save the population
DavioSenBoo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm gettin DavioSenBoo across ma back outta ma student loan, lol.

I reckon seeing as how I don't much care for my back, my back is not immediately on show (in case of prejudice at job interviews n stuff) and the nickname DavioSenBoo is unique to myself...why not? I'd not regret getting it done because it would remind me of when I was 18 n into all the things I am into now with the attitude to things I have now. Although I know these things will change, it kinda represents a stage in my life that will stay with me.

Oh n the hindu dots aren't tatoos, they're a certain kinda skin paint I think.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I might also get a twisty tribal design that stretches from my shoulders to my toes
majinbuu
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DavioSenBoo)
I'd not regret getting it done because it would remind me of when I was 18 n into all the things I am into now with the attitude to things I have now. Although I know these things will change, it kinda represents a stage in my life that will stay with me.
That is almost exactly why I had mine done, so go for it - you'll probably end up regretting it in like 40 years time or something but hey I don't plan on being alive that long anyway
DavioSenBoo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah ya see, that's where the plan kicks in...I'll try n fit in a bit of the old mid life crisis around the age of 58! (40 years time) That way I'll be like relivin ma youth as part of ma crisis so I won't have time to regret it!

After the midlife crisis is over, I'll prolly jus be one of those crazy old people that runs about naked cos they don't care what people think anymore! haha. :rolleyes:

All planned...all planned
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.61%
No (603)
72.39%

Watched Threads