Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread (Mk. III) Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have you failed your driving test? Maybe the fail wasn't even your fault!

Feel free to post below and share your frustration!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Have you failed your driving test? Maybe the fail wasn't even your fault!

Feel free to post below and share your frustration!
    lol. I failed my first test but passed on the second attempt.

Turning left from the busy high street into a narrow cul-de-sac, which also had an all girls grammar school at the end. It was lunchtime and lots of yr 12/13 girls were crossing the road, most of them not paying attention to me, but I was them!

I stopped to let some across (they were already in the road) and held up the high street traffic as a stream of girls then took advantage. Someone behind impatiently honked, I then continued to turn left but my rear nearside wheel clipped the curb. Fail. Doh!

Oh well.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    lol. I failed my first test but passed on the second attempt.

Turning left from the busy high street into a narrow cul-de-sac, which also had an all girls grammar school at the end. It was lunchtime and lots of yr 12/13 girls were crossing the road, most of them not paying attention to me, but I was them!

I stopped to let some across (they were already in the road) and held up the high street traffic as a stream of girls then took advantage. Someone behind impatiently honked, I then continued to turn left but my rear nearside wheel clipped the curb. Fail. Doh!

Oh well.
    2nd time lucky!

That's a very unfortunate way to fail I most certainly wouldn't have been happy :/ Especially at the guy which honked

ReputationRep:
    I failed my driving test first time today and it took a serious knock to my confidence with tbh wasn't that great to start with. My instructor told me that I'm a really good driver, but I just lack confidence and I let my nerves get to me...
    The whole test started off horribly just because meeting my examiner I just knew that she was the person my instructor told me that throughout his years of teaching driving he has only know one examiner to never pass anyone. This just made me know from the start that it wasn't going to be a good drive. When it got to my maneuver it was a parallel park and tbh, I knew I could do this, but I'm not joking when I say that the road was only wide enough for the car I pulled up next to to do my maneuver and my car, so I was getting panicky on what I was supposed to do because I was taught to reverse back until the back seat was just a bit further than the back of the car I pulled up next to and the to turn the steering wheel, so my car would make a 45 degree angle, which considering the size of the road I was never going to make because I would've ended up on the pavement (which would've been an automatic fail) . What didn't help matters was that there were people waiting for me to complete my maneuver which stressed me out even more. Later on in the drive, I was asked to make a left turn and on part of the road I was supposed to make a left turn on there were diversion signs, and this made me nervous as I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go down this road and it wasn't till I was about 2 meters away she said to ignore the signs and drive on the road anyway.
    At this point, I've given up and knew that I failed the test, which I did, not a surprise. I've had a good couple cries about failing and I just really don't want to continue on driving anymore.

That's my rant done )

ReputationRep:
    I did my driving test two weeks ago and got minors for harsh braking, and being too close to parked cars. but I did three harsh brakes which turned into a serious and apparently I missed a mirror check which I didn't think was fair. My instructor said to move my test back to allow for others to do the test first so I can get more advice, but it's so expensive! I'd better pass second time. I get the frustration.x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Got three majors. Two on the independent driving *sigh*

FIrst Major: I missed the turning and the examiner told me to turn into a little turning near some flats and come back on myself... said I got a serious for steering because I had to steer around the parked cars a lot and there wasn't much room.... (I mean... you're the one who sent me there!)

Second and Third: When approaching a roundabout I was supposed to take the third exit (right hand lane) but I was so nervous due to a few errors I made before that I wasn't paying much attention and approached in the left. Tried to correct myself whilst I was on the roundabout but if I just continued going "the wrong way" safely I'd not have got those two majors!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.