Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you do if you forgot to apply for ENGAA( cambridge engineering admissions test) and you have no way to contact your teacher/centre. The deadline to register for the test is THIS SUNDAY!!! Any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firemansam212)
    What do you do if you forgot to apply for ENGAA( cambridge engineering admissions test) and you have no way to contact your teacher/centre. The deadline to register for the test is THIS SUNDAY!!! Any help would be much appreciated.
    Does your teacher have an email address? A lot of teachers have email addressed attached to your school system.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    You should have bumped yourself in good time, rather than bumping this thread...

As 04MR17 said, email your teacher. And/or use any other contact mechanism available (telephone, FB, twitter, etc).

Or go there tomorrow and see if there's any staff around.

However, I suspect you've basically left it too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Does your teacher have an email address? A lot of teachers have email addressed attached to your school system.
    Thanks for the response.

I've emailed a few of my teachers about this, but since it's the weekend, there's no guarantee that I will get a response.

If I don't get a response from my teachers tomorrow, what should I do?

I'm thinking about registering for the exam with another assessment centre. Would this be okay? I'll probably call Cambridge to ask them what I should do about this.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the response.

I've emailed a few of my teachers about this, but since it's the weekend, there's no guarantee that I will get a response.

If I don't get a response from my teachers tomorrow, what should I do?

I'm thinking about registering for the exam with another assessment centre. Would this be okay? I'll probably call Cambridge to ask them what I should do about this.
    Good move.:yes:

There's ways and means to email teachers. Hopefully they'll respond but the best way is to attach a read receipt.

I don't know about registering with another centre but there will be people on here who do.:sadnod:

Hope you can get this sorted or if not, it will serve as a lesson as Doonesbury has said.

ReputationRep:
    I think just register with a centre because at this point what matters is that you actually get the test done
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably call Cambridge to ask them what I should do about this.
    This is what Cambridge says (note the last sentence):
    https://www.undergraduate.study.cam..../pre-interview

In order to register you for your pre-interview assessment, you must provide the following pieces of information to your assessment centre:
    • UCAS Personal ID
    • name, as it will appear on your UCAS application
    • details of any access requirements/arrangements
    • the university/institution you're applying to
    • the course (including the UCAS course code) you're applying for

You must provide this information to your assessment centre in good time to ensure you can be registered.

ReputationRep:
    lol what if they applied you and never mentioned it. Seems like my school did that. I confirmed it on Thursday but unless you're the only person to apply in a long time I doubt that they'd forget to apply you for it.

ReputationRep:
    *OR* apply to an external centre like I did. Couldn’t take the BMAT at school so I will do it in a city nearby.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    *OR* apply to an external centre like I did. Couldn’t take the BMAT at school so I will do it in a city nearby.
    Assuming they are processing applicants at the weekend, of course...

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/find-a-centre/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.