Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the strongest person you know ? Is it yourself ? Or is it someone else ? How would you support yourself if you were going through something ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Who is the strongest person you know ? Is it yourself ? Or is it someone else ? How would you support yourself if you were going through something ?
    Probably my cousin, and also my grandpa. I'm very like both of them in a lot of ways and deal with stuff a lot of the same but they're both so so strong. For supporting myself, I think the most important thing I've learnt is just to let myself feel. Bottling things up only works for so long and even if I don't understand why I'm feeling how I do that doesn't make it any less valid. If I don't look after me I can't look after anyone else, and sometimes you just have to put yourself first. You are most important, no-one else

ReputationRep:
    Myself, and also my grandma. She was kicked out of home when her older brother returned because there wasn't enough room for her and her mother favoured the sons. She had to stay at YWCA when she was just a teenager, got a job and earned her own money. Ever since then she didn't have to rely on anyone but herself, she left a large inheritance when she died but only because she worked so hard to get it herself - she was very clever and switched on about the antiques trade and housing market, knowing when to purchase specific goods and how to get the best deals. She persevered when she had no one and I'm so proud of her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.