Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one! What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one! What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁
    Hey I’ve applied to Newcastle!!
    Gcse : 4A* 5A
    Ukcat: 737 band 1

Newcastle shortlist and rank applicants by the ukcat score right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_manpower)
    Hey I’ve applied to Newcastle!!
    Gcse : 4A* 5A
    Ukcat: 737 band 1

Newcastle shortlist and rank applicants by the ukcat score right?
    Yes it’s advantageous to have a high UKCAT score as there is a cut off each year and it varies depending on the scores of the applicants and applicant numbers! Also, predicted grades, GCSE’s and personal statement are taken into account!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Yes it’s advantageous to have a high UKCAT score as there is a cut off each year and it varies depending on the scores of the applicants and applicant numbers! Also, predicted grades, GCSE’s and personal statement are taken into account!
    CAn I ask what kind of work experience u done and what voulenteering and extra curricular u did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_manpower)
    CAn I ask what kind of work experience u done and what voulenteering and extra curricular u did?
    I have done WE in Dentists and Orthodontists for more than 2 weeks! Also, I have done volunteering for many years in a youth centre and now a charity shop - achieving awards for my work! Extra curricular includes DoFE (B,S and currently G), music, jujitsu, I also have had a part time job!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am an international applicant with 89% in my tenth grade , and predicted A*AA, however my UKCAT is low (2720, 680 avg)
    Is it that the cutoff for intl applicants is slightly lower? Looking at the stats of current students makes me feel I don’t stand a chance , I reallllly want to get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arzooshaikh)
    Hi!
    I am an international applicant with 89% in my tenth grade , and predicted A*AA, however my UKCAT is low (2720, 680 avg)
    Is it that the cutoff for intl applicants is slightly lower? Looking at the stats of current students makes me feel I don’t stand a chance , I reallllly want to get in!
    Hey! I am from the UK so not sure if the UKCAT score varies but admissions are so helpful if you phoned them as I did or by email I’m sure they will be as helpful! The UKCAT cut off has varied in the last few years being 643.3 average last year to as low as 590 average but it has been higher than last years average before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Hey! I am from the UK so not sure if the UKCAT score varies but admissions are so helpful if you phoned them as I did or by email I’m sure they will be as helpful! The UKCAT cut off has varied in the last few years being 643.3 average last year to as low as 590 average but it has been higher than last years average before!
    Whoa what! I have consistently been seeing cutoffs like 700, 707, etc! So you mean to say I’m well above the cutoff? Ok that’s a surprise! 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arzooshaikh)
    Whoa what! I have consistently been seeing cutoffs like 700, 707, etc! So you mean to say I’m well above the cutoff? Ok that’s a surprise! 😂
    Yes😀 - although each year they won’t know the cut-off until they have received all applications and take each applicants details into account to ensure they have matched all the criteria!! Were you perhaps looking at forums for Medicine? The UKCAT cut off score for Medicine is significantly higher!! Glad I’m not applying for it! 😂😂 good luck with everything! Where else have you applied? 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Yes😀 - although each year they won’t know the cut-off until they have received all applications and take each applicants details into account to ensure they have matched all the criteria!! Were you perhaps looking at forums for Medicine? The UKCAT cut off score for Medicine is significantly higher!! Glad I’m not applying for it! 😂😂 good luck with everything! Where else have you applied? 😁
    Yes! There are hardly any active dentistry threads on TSR, which is kinda sad — anyway I’m applying to Kings, Newcastle, Bristol and Sheffield ! This UKCAT news gives me hope, at least I should get an offer from 1 uni if that’s the case

Goood luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    A Levels (predicted): A*A*A(b) + A in EPQ
    GCSEs: 7 A* 2 A
    UKCAT: 670 Band 2

Kind of regret applying to Newcastle now just in case the cut off goes up a lot! But I loved the open day so worth the risk I think

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revisionguide101)
    Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    This is so moist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milts)
    This is so moist
    Milton thought you weren’t talking to me eh???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Milton thought you weren’t talking to me eh???
    Bomboclarttttt lmaoo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.