Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one for the whole process! 😁 What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁 anyone know what way the Liverpool selection process occurs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Hey all! 🙂 no page made yet so decided to make one for the whole process! 😁 What are everyone’s stats for their GCSE’s and UKCAT? 😁 anyone know what way the Liverpool selection process occurs?
    Hey...
    4A* 5A at GCSE
    737 UKCAT band 1
    A*A*A* prediction
    A in AS physics and A* in a alevel Italian both achieved

I emailed Liverpool and they said:
    When shortlisting for interview we would first check that the academic criteria has been met. For applicants who fulfil this criteria (minimum A level and GCSE requirement in place), we would then look at their UKCAT scores in conjunction with their Personal Statement (which we score). We would then interview the top 300 students from this group and an offer would then be dependent on the applicant’s interview score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    What are your stats? And where else have you applied???

ReputationRep:
    My stats are...
    GCSE: 8A*, 2A
    A-Level Prediction - AAA
    UKCAT - 650 average band 2
    Applied to Liverpool, Newcastle, QUB and Bristol!

Your UKCAT score is amazing!! Well done and good luck 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    My stats are...
    GCSE: 8A*, 2A
    A-Level Prediction - AAA
    UKCAT - 650 average band 2
    Applied to Liverpool, Newcastle, QUB and Bristol!

Your UKCAT score is amazing!! Well done and good luck 😁
    I’m going to submit my application today... I have narrowed my choices down to :
    Glasgow
    Liverpool
    Kings
    Barts
    Manchester
    Sheffield

Which of those 6 would be most suited to my stats do you think.. i don’t really mind where I go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_manpower)
    I’m going to submit my application today... I have narrowed my choices down to :
    Glasgow
    Liverpool
    Kings
    Barts
    Manchester
    Sheffield

Which of those 6 would be most suited to my stats do you think.. i don’t really mind where I go
    Your high UKCAT would be very good for Glasgow and Barts. Barts are 50:50 UKCAT, UCAS tariff and with A*A*A prediction you'd stand a very good chance. Sheffield also looks heavily at the UKCAT, shortlisting applicants with the highest scores. Liverpool takes into account the personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow
    Liverpool
    Kings
    Barts
    Manchester
    Sheffield

Where are you from? I am from Northern Ireland and always had interest applying to Glasgow until I found out that for Dentistry approximately 73/90 places are for Scottish applicants so for me the narrow chance of getting a place changed my mind! I found out this information on the Glasgow University Website - in the Dentistry Admissions and also phoned and it was confirmed by admissions! Your stats are great so wherever you apply I’m sure you will have an excellent chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dent_12)
    Your high UKCAT would be very good for Glasgow and Barts. Barts are 50:50 UKCAT, UCAS tariff and with A*A*A prediction you'd stand a very good chance. Sheffield also looks heavily at the UKCAT, shortlisting applicants with the highest scores. Liverpool takes into account the personal statement.
    Are you an applicant for this year? If so where have you applied and what are your stats? 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lk99)
    Where are you from? I am from Northern Ireland and always had interest applying to Glasgow until I found out that for Dentistry approximately 73/90 places are for Scottish applicants so for me the narrow chance of getting a place changed my mind! I found out this information on the Glasgow University Website - in the Dentistry Admissions and also phoned and it was confirmed by admissions! Your stats are great so wherever you apply I’m sure you will have an excellent chance!
    I’m actually from England... though I want to go Glasgow for the experience

ReputationRep:
    I’m actually from England... though I want to go Glasgow for the experience
    You have great stats so I would go for it! I know someone from here who got an offer before! 😀 unfortunately for myself I thought it was too risky but it would have been a top choice of mine!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when the interviews will be? before or after January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssaahhaanndd)
    anyone know when the interviews will be? before or after January?
    Most dental schools hold their interviews from December to March! It might be worth looking at the Liverpool admissions info or sending admissions an email! 😀
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.